Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 07:39 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanZeBar View Post
Los Angeles improves the image of California.
Overall it doesn't imo, it's one of the most hated cities in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 08:29 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,308,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Overall it doesn't imo, it's one of the most hated cities in the US.
Also one of the most loved.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:34 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
ehh, it generally ranks much farther down the list for America's favorite/most liked cities compared to SF and SD.

Old 12-07-2016, 10:21 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Los Angeles is a polarizing place. Not many people are indifferent about it. They either love it or hate it. I would say San Francisco is more universally loved.

Old 12-07-2016, 10:40 PM

2,088 posts, read 1,973,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
I think if you put a group of non-Texans in a room and asked them which city gives Texas a bad rep the winner would probably be Waco. Deservedly or not, the city is still associated with the Branch Davidian siege, and more recently it's been in the news for that idiotic biker shootout and the Baylor rape scandal.

Chip and Joanna are trying to give the city a makeover, but (for now) at the end of the day it's still Waco.
Waco is probably the city that Native Texans would name, but outside Texas most people under 35 only know it from 'Fixer Upper.' They were too young to remember the Branch Davidians, they don't remember when Baylor finally allowed the sin of dancing on campus in the mid 90's, and they don't realize it has a higher murder rate than Chicago.

I've had in-laws in the Midwest ask if it's as nice as it looks on TV, and say they can't believe how cheap houses are there. I have to break it to them their is a reason Wacko is so inexpensive.

Old 12-08-2016, 10:02 AM

1,907 posts, read 3,229,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parhe View Post
Depending on who you ask, it is Dallas, Houston, Austin, Waco, or the Rio Grande Valley for Texas.
Nope. WACO is by far the biggest single detractor for the state of Texas. Whenever it's in the news it's never good. And it's never small news.

Old 12-08-2016, 10:46 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texamichiforniasota View Post
Waco is probably the city that Native Texans would name, but outside Texas most people under 35 only know it from 'Fixer Upper.' They were too young to remember the Branch Davidians, they don't remember when Baylor finally allowed the sin of dancing on campus in the mid 90's, and they don't realize it has a higher murder rate than Chicago.

I've had in-laws in the Midwest ask if it's as nice as it looks on TV, and say they can't believe how cheap houses are there. I have to break it to them their is a reason Wacko is so inexpensive.
Waco is known for the Branch Dividian cult, and the government's response which ticked off Timothy McVeigh, leading to the Oklahoma City bombing. Younger people who don't remember the 90s may not think of that, but to me, that is what I will always associate Waco with.

Old 12-08-2016, 12:18 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Motley
Nimrod
Embarrass

Old 12-08-2016, 01:56 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,380,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
How?

For one, El Paso doesn't exactly have a horrible reputation in this state. That would be its sister city across the boarder.

Second, as someone already mentioned, no one really even think of El Paso that much in and outside of the state.

Really?

You sure you wanna go there...?
Well most people I personally know have a very low personal opinion of El Paso or at least the ones that have talked about that city.I am not going to go into their reasoning.I was not aware of other Texans opinions of it other than here on CD so your personal experience may be different than mine.

Old 12-08-2016, 02:00 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,380,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Odessa? Why? Because Permian kept winning state 30 years ago?
because of high crime and ugliness of the terrain.....nothing to do.The book was also very unflattering about Odessa.It seems like most people here on CD dont have a high opinion of Odessa.Personally, I think its a okay town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.