U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-05-2016, 08:06 AM
 
Location: Metropolis
1,277 posts, read 3,354,377 times
Reputation: 749

Advertisements

This applies nationwide for highly desirable urban baby raising,
Usual metrics;
Safety
Schools(Public and Private)
Cultural Offerings
Location
Wealth

My choice examples i.e.
Upper West Side
Park Slope
Lincoln Park
Noe Valley
Beacon Hill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-05-2016, 08:16 AM
 
1,290 posts, read 1,124,311 times
Reputation: 2152
In Minneapolis, Linden Hills and other Southwest neighborhoods. St Paul, Mac-Groveland, Highland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2016, 09:01 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh, PA (Morningside)
12,416 posts, read 11,917,166 times
Reputation: 10536
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr roboto View Post
In Minneapolis, Linden Hills and other Southwest neighborhoods. St Paul, Mac-Groveland, Highland.
I'm not sure that fits what the OP is referring to. They aren't just asking about family-friendly neighborhoods that happen to be within city limits, but urban family-friendly neighborhoods. Those dominated by detached single-family houses with good sized yards presumably don't count.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2016, 09:05 AM
 
1,290 posts, read 1,124,311 times
Reputation: 2152
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
I'm not sure that fits what the OP is referring to. They aren't just asking about family-friendly neighborhoods that happen to be within city limits, but urban family-friendly neighborhoods. Those dominated by detached single-family houses with good sized yards presumably don't count.
Got it. In that case there really aren't any in the Twin Cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2016, 10:00 AM
 
56,565 posts, read 80,847,919 times
Reputation: 12499
A sleeper may be the Riverside neighborhood of Troy NY. Welcome to the City of Troy, NY | Neighborhoods

Troy High actually has a graduation rate around the state and national percentages, with 3 private HS options in the city and another school district in the city. Troy High is essentially half non Hispanic White and half people of color.

I don't know about wealthy, but I believe that it is a middle class area with an urban character. https://maps.google.com/?q=158-160%2...f8&hl=en&gl=us

Downtown Troy has some cultural offerings and the city isn't that far from NYC or Boston. Not sure about crime in the area. DOWNTOWN TROY BID

https://theurbanphoenix.com/tag/troy/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2016, 11:36 AM
 
56,565 posts, read 80,847,919 times
Reputation: 12499
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
A sleeper may be the Riverside neighborhood of Troy NY. Welcome to the City of Troy, NY | Neighborhoods

Troy High actually has a graduation rate around the state and national percentages, with 3 private HS options in the city and another school district in the city. Troy High is essentially half non Hispanic White and half people of color.

I don't know about wealthy, but I believe that it is a middle class area with an urban character. https://maps.google.com/?q=158-160%2...f8&hl=en&gl=us

Downtown Troy has some cultural offerings and the city isn't that far from NYC or Boston. Not sure about crime in the area. DOWNTOWN TROY BID

https://theurbanphoenix.com/tag/troy/
Troy High info: https://data.nysed.gov/gradrate.php?...d=800000039478

https://data.nysed.gov/profile.php?instid=800000039478

Troy City School District

Private options: Welcome to La Salle Institute

Private Catholic School in Troy NY : Catholic Central High School

Emma Willard School | A boarding school for girls in Troy, New York

A Leading Independent Private School | Doane Stuart (Just south of the city)

Other SD: Lansingburgh Central School District / Homepage

Keep taxes in mind though, as the city looks like it may have an increase. This neighborhood is adjacent: Washington Park

A part of that area: http://www.usa.com/NY0830408002.html

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 12-05-2016 at 12:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2016, 01:51 PM
 
Location: TOVCCA
8,452 posts, read 11,431,560 times
Reputation: 12307
Beverly Hills/Brentwood/Bel-Air/Holmby Hills
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2016, 02:08 PM
 
56,565 posts, read 80,847,919 times
Reputation: 12499
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Beverly Hills/Brentwood/Bel-Air/Holmby Hills
I think the OP is looking for neighborhoods with an urban character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2016, 09:19 PM
 
Location: Denver
14,151 posts, read 19,752,834 times
Reputation: 8803
Are any of these affordable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2016, 09:23 PM
 
2,774 posts, read 1,134,080 times
Reputation: 2649
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Are any of these affordable?
No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top