U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-07-2016, 10:31 PM
 
1 posts, read 943 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Stockton's my hometown and I've lived here my whole life. I am tired of the weather here though. I dn't like Californian weather and I have been to the south before and absolutely love the winters and summers there.
I was just wondering if there is any city there, that has about the same feel as Stockton, the same population, the same distance to a real major city, etc. etc. and all that stuff.

A juicy detailed helpful answer will help, thanks.

And I'm also new to the forum, so if I did anything wrong, just tell me how to fix and I'll do it Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-08-2016, 07:03 AM
 
Location: Downtown Phoenix, AZ
18,927 posts, read 6,860,994 times
Reputation: 5855
Maybe Baton Rouge, LA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2016, 07:24 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh, PA (Morningside)
12,416 posts, read 11,920,328 times
Reputation: 10536
I'm not sure where in the South you'd find a city with the same population as Stockton, considering it's 22% white, 12% black, 40% Latino, and 22% Asian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2016, 09:05 AM
 
Location: In the hot spot!
3,399 posts, read 4,801,179 times
Reputation: 3201
Honestly, I don't think any city in the south is like Stockton or any place in California. Totally different culture and climate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2016, 11:44 AM
_OT
 
Location: Miami
2,144 posts, read 1,519,895 times
Reputation: 1848
Where in the South exactly? maybe Fort Worth, TX?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2016, 11:50 AM
 
Location: Cbus
1,721 posts, read 1,401,284 times
Reputation: 2089
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadenphelps View Post
Stockton's my hometown and I've lived here my whole life. I am tired of the weather here though. I dn't like Californian weather and I have been to the south before and absolutely love the winters and summers there.
I was just wondering if there is any city there, that has about the same feel as Stockton, the same population, the same distance to a real major city, etc. etc. and all that stuff.

A juicy detailed helpful answer will help, thanks.

And I'm also new to the forum, so if I did anything wrong, just tell me how to fix and I'll do it Thanks
I don't know what you would consider a "real major city".

In the south I suppose that would consist of Dallas, Houston, Atlanta or Miami. Those will also be the most diverse cities in the southeast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2016, 12:05 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh, PA (Morningside)
12,416 posts, read 11,920,328 times
Reputation: 10536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye614 View Post
In the south I suppose that would consist of Dallas, Houston, Atlanta or Miami. Those will also be the most diverse cities in the southeast.
I'm actually wondering if Gwinett County, Georgia might be the right place. It's Atlanta suburbia, but very diverse with lots of Asians and Latinos, so the OP might feel at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2016, 12:07 PM
_OT
 
Location: Miami
2,144 posts, read 1,519,895 times
Reputation: 1848
How do we know if he's Asian or Latino?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2016, 12:08 PM
 
Location: A van down by the river
163 posts, read 88,068 times
Reputation: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye614 View Post
I don't know what you would consider a "real major city".

In the south I suppose that would consist of Dallas, Houston, Atlanta or Miami. Those will also be the most diverse cities in the southeast.
most cities in the south are at least 30% black, and that's not just the cities themselves, but also the metro areas, and even the rural areas. The only place you will find Latinos and asians like Stockton is Houston, and even than it's a completely different culture and the metro is 5 million+
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2016, 12:17 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
15,463 posts, read 25,409,755 times
Reputation: 8936
I wouldn't think anyone would actually want to find and live in another version of Stockton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top