U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 10:59 PM

1,528 posts, read 5,712,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
----"no Vacancy "
Go back a couple of generations and I bet they were welcoming your family with open arms huh?...
It depends where you are from...really if you're from Mexico it'll be harder. Some of my Uncles and Aunts were not born in the US but born to an American citizen (she was Mexican born in the US, but my mother was born in El Paso to an American born Mexican) and raised in Mexico. So even though they are born to a legal American citizen they will not let them immigrate. My grandmother died when my mother was about 15 so she can't so anything...
they do have a bias against Mexicans, it is obvious. My mother used to get pulled over and the police would take her in for no reason and try to get her to confess that she was illegal because she didn't speak english...when she was born...

IF you are coming from Europe it should be a little better, from Asia will be just as tough, its not necessarily racism but the US government is tough on immigration to all.
Try to get a worker's permit or something then while you're here try and get a green card.
Marrying would also work, one of my uncles who was 'Illegal' married and is now Legal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 10:28 PM

16 posts, read 68,055 times
o man, it seems like my American dream won't become true~ i am so depressed. The land of opportunity is far away from me. Brittny is far away from me. Oh~ im just gonna hang myself on a tree infront where i work and let my spirit fly to america to be with you guys~

PS:who got a sis here that i can marry? (brittny type)

Old 03-02-2008, 11:30 PM

3,940 posts, read 13,337,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socks View Post
o man, it seems like my American dream won't become true~ i am so depressed. The land of opportunity is far away from me. Brittny is far away from me. Oh~ im just gonna hang myself on a tree infront where i work and let my spirit fly to america to be with you guys~

PS:who got a sis here that i can marry? (brittny type)
Aggh! Don't do that! Britney isn't worth it! Well.... maybe she is.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:07 AM

320 posts, read 673,364 times
I'm from Europe and it's even harder to immigrate to the US than coming from Mexico.
I'm trying to get a worker visa in the IT field but it's nearly impossible !
What should I do ? I think it's sad that US does not welcome Europeans easily.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:39 AM

im chatting with a american hotty~~ da first step to immigrat america~

Old 03-05-2008, 02:07 AM

3,116 posts, read 7,158,020 times
Quote:
what is the fastest way to immigrate to The U.S. ? any ideas? join the US army ?
Have you considered going to Canada instead? The U.S. is filled up and it's transforming into a third world country itself. What's wrong with your home country?

Old 03-05-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
Have you considered going to Canada instead? The U.S. is filled up and it's transforming into a third world country itself. What's wrong with your home country?
i've lived in canada for 7 years. its boring~~ my home country is ... too many people

Old 03-05-2008, 07:49 PM

1,528 posts, read 5,712,645 times
Quote:
i've lived in canada for 7 years. its boring~~ my home country is ... too many people
You still haven't told us where you are from?
We're not going to shoot you. Many Chinese immigrants go to Canada first the come to the US, they use it as a bridge... cause Canada is easier to get into, and to get in from Canada to the US is wayy easier then just about anywhere else.
So you have a leg up already, get Canadian citizenship then try to get a visa or a worker's permit and what not.
Getting a big cooperation to come and have you work is another way to do it or even for school, my grandfather from China did that. Although he did it off of Taiwan. HE came here for school.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:01 PM

19,838 posts, read 18,845,295 times
It's not easy anymore because of 911. People who are trying to get in LEGALLY have to wait and wait. That's after they've paid lots of $$$$ to the government and gone through background and medical checks and filled out a zillion forms. You have to have a sponsor or, in some cases, you can get in if you are in an occupation that needs more workers but those are few and far between. You wouldn't want to live here anyway once you got here -- it's not what you see on tv.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:15 PM

thank you! thank you all~ after all i have decided not to immigrate to america. you guys have guns there. many men have guns. and they shoot eachother. i dont like guns. i dont like ameria. i am gonna stay where i am and live a happy life~~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.