Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2018, 01:48 PM

1,094 posts, read 808,185 times

Advertisements

Spoken Word is a growing artform all across America. Many big and small cities have an open mic and a slam night. In North Carolina (where I live) it's pretty big in the Raliegh-Durham, Triad, Fayetteville and Charlotte metros. Even in small of the small towns have a poetry scene. My goal is to one day travel across the country and compete with some of the best poets in the United States. I know cites like New York, Chicago, DC, Los Angles and San Francisco have pretty strong poetry scenes, but some of the best poetry I heard was from those coming from small towns like when I went to a slam in December 2016 in Lumberton North Carolin at the Inner Peace Center For The Arts (IPCA) I was blown away how talented these poets were coming from all over North and South Carolina. Does your area have a strong poetry scene? There's no open mic in my town (since I'm in a rural area), but I know I'm just 1-2 hours from the big metros of NC to witness Spoken Word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.