U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2016, 06:33 PM

8 posts, read 4,966 times

Advertisements

I will be moving out of northeast Ohio in about 2 years after I get my BA in business. I'm pretty positive that I want to move to these general areas,but maybe someone can help me narrow it down a bit and decide between LA vs Bay Area vs SD vs Sac vs Miami vs Ft Lauderdale etc etc.

I want somewhere warm and sunny year round and close to the beach for access most of the year. For income, where I move should be a hotspot for entrepreneurs and start ups since I plan on making a living mostly working from home or starting my own projects. I understand these areas are expensive so I'm not asking for somewhere cheap, but somewhere with decently affordable housing options and nice communities for early 20s college grads. The area would need a nice nightlife, and walk-ability/good public transportation options are always a plus. My hobbies include MMA, general fitness, hiking, cycling, watersports, swimming, soccer, fashion, and music. I speak English and a little Spanish, but I don't mind learning more and speaking it occasionally. My favorite cuisines have to be latin and Mediterranean.

So which city in these regions do you think would be the best for someone like me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 08:46 PM

6,316 posts, read 6,972,968 times
Just some random thoughts for ya:

-Bay Area does not match my definition of warm and sunny year round.
-Sacramento is definitely much cheaper than SF and imo and that correlates pretty closely to the lesser vibrancy, excitement and amenities. So it's not a terrible alternative if you are willing to accept the "lesser" in exchange for cheaper. Honestly, it's not bad...it has just enough vibrancy, walkability, etc for me.
-Walkable Miami is expensive. If you can skip the trendy hot spots, then Miami/FLL should definitely be the most affordable option.
-They've all good decent startup/entrepreneurial activity but SF and LA should easily be in another tier for opportunities.

Good luck!!

Old 12-23-2016, 10:54 AM

192 posts, read 145,415 times
I'd say SD or Fort Lauderdale. Both are expensive busy cities that offer what you are looking for but not to the extreme of overpopulation and awful traffic like LA or Miami are.

And if you want a taste of the madness you are reasonable drive to spend a wknd in LA or Miami.

Old 12-23-2016, 05:13 PM

8,452 posts, read 11,443,906 times
Even in SoCal, the ocean is always cold. It's never like the ocean in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.