U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 08:03 AM

1,851 posts, read 1,478,173 times

Advertisements

It's really a numbers game IMO. The bigger the city, the more hotties to be had. I have noticed a lot of attractive people in Boston, NYC, DC, Chicago, Minneapolis, SF, and LA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 08:59 AM

6,968 posts, read 14,095,559 times
My friends talked about this a lot comparing the northeast cities. NYC wins by numbers obviously. But proportionally, Philly had the hotter guys by far. Obviously the number is lower in Philly than NYC, but NYC is a bit underwhelming proportionally. DC probably matches NYC for proportionality, but is smaller obviously.

Just going with naming cities (in no particular order):
NYC
Philly
DC
Chicago
LA
San Diego
New Orleans

Old 12-29-2016, 01:57 PM

3,512 posts, read 2,973,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
My friends talked about this a lot comparing the northeast cities. NYC wins by numbers obviously. But proportionally, Philly had the hotter guys by far. Obviously the number is lower in Philly than NYC, but NYC is a bit underwhelming proportionally. DC probably matches NYC for proportionality, but is smaller obviously.

Just going with naming cities (in no particular order):
NYC
Philly
DC
Chicago
LA
San Diego
New Orleans
Do you feel this way about the females too?

Old 12-29-2016, 02:25 PM

4,815 posts, read 5,367,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
That would depend on what kind of women/men you are into
So true!

If you like the plastic surgery look.. then SoCal wins..

Because a tan makes everyone look good.. people think Miami has a lot of good looking people..
Heck even dirty homeless people are more presentable with a tan.

I have to say..it seems there are a lot of short men in South Florida... the taller, more built guys are definitely in the northern states.

Last edited by cfbs2691; 12-29-2016 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: nnn

Old 12-29-2016, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qworldorder View Post
Do you feel this way about the females too?
I think it's more even with females but also comes down to more personal tastes also IMO. I wouldn't say either has ugly females by any stretch of the imagination. But more even for sure.

Old 12-29-2016, 04:17 PM
_OT

2,144 posts, read 1,521,186 times
Houston
South Florida
Atlanta
Queens
Bay Area
New Orleans

Old 12-29-2016, 04:21 PM

1,429 posts, read 1,987,902 times
If we're talking about cities, pretty much every major and mid-major city will have attractive men and women in a much higher proportion in a gentrified, upscale, yuppified type neighborhood.

Old 12-29-2016, 04:26 PM
_OT

2,144 posts, read 1,521,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishIllini View Post
It's really a numbers game IMO. The bigger the city, the more hotties to be had. I have noticed a lot of attractive people in Boston, NYC, DC, Chicago, Minneapolis, SF, and LA.
Not exactly.

I find women in New Orleans to be very attractive in comparison to a city like Chicago, or Boston. Especially those of Creole descent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
I have to say..it seems there are a lot of short men in South Florida... the taller, more built guys are definitely in the northern states.
I disagree with this.

I'm 6'5 myself, so a lot of people may feel short to me, but from what I've seen, the South breeds more athletes. But as far as South Florida goes, there are a lot of short men here.

Old 12-29-2016, 04:28 PM

214 posts, read 193,499 times
Smaller University based cities clearly have more good looking people than any of the larger cities. Boulder CO is a good example... It's like the young people make the older people want to work harder to look good.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
If we're talking about cities, pretty much every major and mid-major city will have attractive men and women in a much higher proportion in a gentrified, upscale, yuppified type neighborhood.
To each their own, but I have to disagree personally. Men in the Bay Area left much to be desired based on my preferences. There are a few pockets of attractive people, but I think in other large metros, attractive people are much more common...for my taste. Again. My taste. One peculiar thing is people think San Franciscans are attractive because they're also tourists and hanging out in tourist areas. The tourists can be very attractive, often a lot of well-dressed foreigners hanging out in Union Square, Fisherman's Wharf, etc. But when you live there and realize your dating pool, it's very underwhelming compared to other major metro areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or