U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 07:26 AM

1,798 posts, read 1,161,493 times

Advertisements

Florida: Miami Beach although it is polarizing as well because of the extreme wealth and superficiality of the place. In Ohio it is mostly likely Yellow Springs or Columbus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 08:06 AM

992 posts, read 577,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
As a non-Texan, I'd say it's Austin first and foremost. Fort Worth is largely overshadowed by Dallas.
I always got the impression it was Houston first, Dallas second, Austin/San Antonio in third/fourth, and then Ft. Worth last.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:06 AM

2,233 posts, read 1,511,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
Florida: Miami Beach although it is polarizing as well because of the extreme wealth and superficiality of the place. In Ohio it is mostly likely Yellow Springs or Columbus.
Yeah, Miami Beach is pretty polarizing. People love it or loathe it. Key West seems to get a lot more love from everybody.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:24 AM

29,905 posts, read 27,345,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Western Urbanite View Post
I always got the impression it was Houston first, Dallas second, Austin/San Antonio in third/fourth, and then Ft. Worth last.
I never got the impression that it was Houston first; too many people complain about the landscape for it to be the best liked city. Dallas seems much more liked than Houston. Either way, Fort Worth is largely overlooked so it's hard for me to see how it would be first.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:47 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,400,744 times
Quote:
I never got the impression that it was Houston first; too many people complain about the landscape for it to be the best liked city. Dallas seems much more liked than Houston. Either way, Fort Worth is largely overlooked so it's hard for me to see how it would be first.
Not from Texas so my opinion doesn't hold much weight by I always viewed Dallas and Houston as equals, distinct cities with unique characteristics but neither one clearly superior.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:55 AM

1,987 posts, read 1,235,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
Fort Worth, definitely. Austin a close second.
Hardly anyone outside of Texas knows about Fort Worth unless they have family there or have visited there. Those unfamiliar with it usually think of the airport - DFW. It is a nice city to visit though.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye614 View Post
Not from Texas so my opinion doesn't hold much weight by I always viewed Dallas and Houston as equals, distinct cities with unique characteristics but neither one clearly superior.
Dallas seems a bit more liked from my perspective, largely because it has a better brand and image than Houston. If I had a nickel for every time I've heard Houston is ugly because of its zoning practices and all the refineries...

Old 01-24-2017, 10:50 AM

8,721 posts, read 7,673,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
Sandusky. Everyone loves Cedar Point. The 3 C's hate each other.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:47 PM

8,548 posts, read 5,373,977 times
Quote:
That honor has belonged to Charleston for at least the past five years or so and the stats prove it.
I haven't been keeping up with the stats, and I agree in recent years Charleston have been doing well. But, the upstate region been doing well for so long that nobody have notice that about Charleston. Perceptions don't change overnight. I actually know people from this area that have or or still working in the Greenville area,I had a family member who did it for years and came home on the weekends. Don't know anybody from here working in Charleston.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I haven't been keeping up with the stats, and I agree in recent years Charleston have been doing well. But, the upstate region been doing well for so long that nobody have notice that about Charleston. Perceptions don't change overnight. I actually know people from this area that have or or still working in the Greenville area,I had a family member who did it for years and came home on the weekends. Don't know anybody from here working in Charleston.
The Upstate really only started gaining economic momentum after BMW came in the 90's so it really hasn't been that long. But I hear you though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or