U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 10:59 AM

2 posts, read 8,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
That's somewhat true. California is a big state so of course there will be a lot of different beaches, but go to Florida and the water is CRYSTAL clear. I saw plenty of dirty, dark water in CA beaches when we drove down the coast.

once agin steve erwin died because of flordia and you never been to califonia because you making it up to help the east caost your just mad and want to down califonia flodia beaches are for one not clear you never even been there either and pictures dont give you the overall view of thing you stupid ****
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 11:06 AM

2,775 posts, read 10,719,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagooss View Post
once agin steve erwin died because of flordia and you never been to califonia because you making it up to help the east caost your just mad and want to down califonia flodia beaches are for one not clear you never even been there either and pictures dont give you the overall view of thing you stupid ****
I have been to California. I've been to LA, Monterey Peninsula, and San Francisco. Check my photos in the San Francisco photo thread I believe on the last page.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:10 AM

15,453 posts, read 25,397,220 times
Quote:
What the hell are you talking about? Steve Erwin died off the coast of Australia.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:12 AM

2,775 posts, read 10,719,530 times
I didn't even know who Steve Irwin is until you said Australia. Then it hit me.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:09 AM

204 posts, read 670,456 times
Quote:
I think this board needs a spell check button.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:21 AM

2,498 posts, read 10,285,535 times
Aren't different people aloud to have different opinions? It is perfectly fine if one prefers one state's beaches over the other. These are OPINIONS not facts. I think we all need to just take a deep breath. I lived in Florida and live in California now so I have dealed with both for more than a vacation.

Florida beaches have the benefit of very warm and clear water. The only con was that in Pensacola, the water felt more like a sauna in August than some place to cool off. Other times of the year it was great. The water was also very clear and the sand was better. The waves are very poor though in many areas, which is part of the fun of the ocean. The Gulf is especially flat, while Miami can get some decent waves. The beach access is very good also.

California beaches have rougher sand in general and occasionally rocks. The water is colder also. The way the earth meets the ocean is usually much more beautiful and dramatic with cliffs and stuff making nice scenery. The water temperature is actually more pleasant in my opinion during summer because it cools you off rather than feel luke warm. The rest of the year the water is freezing! The waves are much much better for surfing, body boaring, boggie boarding, etc... which is part of the fun and charm of CA beaches. It is why CA beaches are more high action rather than just swimming. My kids surf and when we went back to visit old friends from Pensacola they were so bored by the small to nonexistant waves. I guess that depends on preference though. Some people prefer to just swim, while others like surfing, etc...

In my opinion, Florida is best for just swimming and enjoying the water. CA is better for high action beach activities like surfing, boggie boarding, skim boarding, etc... They serve different purposes to me.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:58 AM

238 posts, read 691,394 times
Florida has the edge based on the sands. But Texas would assuredly be ahead of California beaches and things are just nicer over here.

Old 07-26-2008, 11:01 AM

2,736 posts, read 5,949,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade_word View Post
Florida has the edge based on the sands. But Texas would assuredly be ahead of California beaches and things are just nicer over here.
pssst....Tx wasn't included in this debate sweetie

Old 07-26-2008, 12:03 PM

15,453 posts, read 25,397,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade_word View Post

yeah those hurricanes, brownish water, and featureless beaches are SO much nicer.........

Old 07-27-2008, 12:02 AM

312 posts, read 1,383,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
yeah those hurricanes, brownish water, and featureless beaches are SO much nicer.........
yes,lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.