U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 05:12 PM

15,470 posts, read 25,433,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJP View Post
Under other circumstances, it wouldn't be weird that you brought up TX having hurricanes compared to CA not having them. Except that you said elsewhere you wanted to move to south FL (where there are more hurricanes than just about anywhere in the US)...

You said a nasty thing about TX beaches, that was kind of uncalled for (and in my opinion, exaggerated)... don't be surprised to get a few replies not agreeing with you.
natural disasters are not something that will keep me from moving a place b/c pretty much every corner of this country has them. I don't expect the threat of hurricanes to substantially affect my life just like the threat of wildfires and earthquakes in CA has not either.

And you can expect a few replies when someone posts something along the lines of "Texas would assuredly be ahead of California beaches and things are just nicer over here.", especially in a thread about CA vs. FL beaches and not CA vs TX beaches; I don't even get why TX was even brought up at all in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 05:19 PM

8,376 posts, read 27,794,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhome View Post
I'm just wondering... do East Coast/Gulf beaches have these blue tsunami signs or anything like it? We have them all over beach cities in CA.
We do not. We have blue "hurricane evacuation route" signs, but we have almost zero risk of earthquakes within hundreds of miles and thus an extremely low chance of tsunami.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:31 PM

2,498 posts, read 10,292,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
We do not. We have blue "hurricane evacuation route" signs, but we have almost zero risk of earthquakes within hundreds of miles and thus an extremely low chance of tsunami.
That makes sense. Thanks.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:20 AM

312 posts, read 1,384,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
natural disasters are not something that will keep me from moving a place b/c pretty much every corner of this country has them. I don't expect the threat of hurricanes to substantially affect my life just like the threat of wildfires and earthquakes in CA has not either.

And you can expect a few replies when someone posts something along the lines of "Texas would assuredly be ahead of California beaches and things are just nicer over here.", especially in a thread about CA vs. FL beaches and not CA vs TX beaches; I don't even get why TX was even brought up at all in the first place.
I'm agree with you in everything!

Old 07-29-2008, 02:24 PM

8,376 posts, read 27,794,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhome View Post
That makes sense. Thanks.
No problem at all. If you have any other questions please ask as I actually enjoy it. Every time I go out to CA they ask me all of these questions about the roaches, beaches, hurricanes, etc .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.