Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 03:42 PM

21 posts, read 28,769 times

Advertisements

The Central Coast of CA (around Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz, Monterrey) has perfect weather IMO, but there has to be somewhere else in this country that comes close. Being an NYer, I would never feel comfortable about moving out there to the west coast the vibe was weird for me when i went (was in Anaheim, LA, Palm Springs, SF and Humboldt County) and being from Brooklyn if I ever moved to California (or Red Sox Territory for that matter) my mom and friends would probably stop talking to me lol

Anywhere in the mainland USA that is not on the Pacific and does not get hotter than 85, has mild (minimal snow and wind) winters, and less than 5% humidity? Anywhere close? I would rather cold than heat and I can't take humidity.

This is for the distant future lol, not anytime soon cause I am about to move to DC for work

Anywhere besides Hawaii, Alaska, CA, OR, or WA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 03:45 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,769,667 times
No.

Miami from December to March but since you despise humidity you'd hate it the rest of the year.

So the answer is no.

Old 01-10-2015, 03:58 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,597,937 times
Why not Hawaii? It's not the West Coast.

I can't think of anywhere in the Eastern half of the U.S. that has ideal year-round weather. The only place that would come close would be maybe Asheville, NC.

Old 01-10-2015, 04:09 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,794,827 times
LOL at this post.

The weather you're looking for is found out West. There's really no way out of it.

Old 01-10-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobloblawslawblog View Post
Why not Hawaii? It's not the West Coast.

I can't think of anywhere in the Eastern half of the U.S. that has ideal year-round weather. The only place that would come close would be maybe Asheville, NC.
Because except for the govt, the flag, and the money Hawaii does not feel like you're in the USA. The culture is foreign, completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
LOL at this post.

The weather you're looking for is found out West. There's really no way out of it.
Yes, I know...looking for 2nd best. Can't leave the east coast, not only would I **** off a lot of my people, I wouldn't be able to connect with anyone. I am abrasive, loud, and not PC. Californians (outside of LA which is basically a few rich areas with pretentious people surrounded by Mexico from my experience...no offense) are way too opposite of that. East Coasters and Chicagoans are less chill and more blunt/thick skinned. Me being normal here in NY is me being offensive in Frisco or Portland...also you can't smoke anywhere and someone actually yelled at me for lighting up a cig while they reeked of pot..

Old 01-10-2015, 04:54 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,949,724 times
The west coast has the most monotonous, uneventful, static climate the nation has to offer.

Old 01-10-2015, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
The west coast has the most monotonous, uneventful, static climate the nation has to offer.
Here we go again with the ignorance and hatred for the West. California alone has more climates than lots of states, let alone Oregon and Washington.

Old 01-10-2015, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2nova1976 View Post
Yes, I know...looking for 2nd best. Can't leave the east coast, not only would I **** off a lot of my people, I wouldn't be able to connect with anyone. I am abrasive, loud, and not PC. Californians (outside of LA which is basically a few rich areas with pretentious people surrounded by Mexico from my experience...no offense) are way too opposite of that. East Coasters and Chicagoans are less chill and more blunt/thick skinned. Me being normal here in NY is me being offensive in Frisco or Portland...also you can't smoke anywhere and someone actually yelled at me for lighting up a cig while they reeked of pot..
If you've never lived out West, how can you generalize the entire region?

Old 01-10-2015, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
You're in CT? You feeling this weather we're getting? I'll take monotonous and temperate over freezing my balls off lol

Old 01-10-2015, 05:08 PM

2,068 posts, read 2,924,324 times
The Coastal South has areas of your climate preference from coastal North Carolina, up to southern coastal Virginia. Cape Hatteras especially comes quite close to your preferences:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Hatteras#Climate

Last edited by Yn0hTnA; 01-10-2015 at 05:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.