U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 03:39 PM

939 posts, read 2,829,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Well if it wasn't for (insert assinine comment here) then, Houston, San Francisco, LA, NYC, Chicago and Boston would not be the city they are today.

DC has more of an international cosmopolitan feel than 95% of the cities in the U.S.
fair enough, but only if u let me add that d.c. is ga-heeh-tooooow!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 03:43 PM

4,953 posts, read 8,536,603 times
Yeah - Million dollar rowhomes are ghetto. Are you in the prison library using a computer? DC does have some rough parts but so does your beloved Southern CA.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:50 PM

9,467 posts, read 12,302,853 times
Default You Just Slaughter The Term "Cosmopolitan"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCali4LifeSD View Post
actually, it does whether you like it or not. manhattan and san francisco are the definitions of cosmopolitan because they are compact with all the ingredients for a bustling city of culture and class. that is cosmopolitan. they are the only 2 that fit that. if you're close to cosmopolitan, you're simply a world city. that's the difference!
Since when did Cosmopolitan Cities have to be "compact" L.A. is bustling and busting at the seams and full of "Class".....and with a "Subway and Light Rail System" who has to get in a car to go across town and to get some where by car.Los Angeles subway system is going to be completed in 2020 and L.A. is probably going to have a greater "Density" than both San Francisco and Chicago...L.A. a "Suburb" you must be crazy..."Every Country"
and "Every Culture" in the world is respersented in the City Limit Proper Of The City Of Los Angeles.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:29 AM

631 posts, read 1,970,308 times
New York, Miami, LA, San Francisco, Chicago.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:17 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,724,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Just another UNINFORMED Houston hater! I would delete Seattle, the cosmopolitan cities in the US are NYC, Chicago, LA, SF, Washington, Houston, Boston, Philly and a tie between Dallas and Miami! In that order

Nobody hating on Houston just because they dont agree with houston being cosmopolitan. people from NYC will look at houston as a regular city i have been too houston and its a very nice city but when i visit places like SF boston chicago philly and NYC ,Houston doesnt give me that feel that thoughs places give me especially being that mass transit is so much more advanced and i can pretty much walk eat and shop downtown instead of going to malls those citys just feel more cosmo and urban
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or