U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 07:14 PM

2,145 posts, read 3,035,059 times

Advertisements

If you move to Atlanta without a car please look at in town neighborhoods over suburbs. Atlanta can be doable without a car as long as you're in a neighborhood that is serviced by Marta. I would look at places like Midtown, Linbergh, Buckhead, or Brookhaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 11:17 PM

17,689 posts, read 4,080,266 times
I would pick El Paso over San Diego and Atlanta.

Old 02-12-2017, 01:18 AM

4,150 posts, read 921,813 times
San Diego would be my choice. I love being near the ocean and the weather is near perfect year round IMO. Atlanta is too hot and humid, and El Paso is like an oven in the summer.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:28 AM

3,308 posts, read 2,766,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
San Diego would be my choice. I love being near the ocean and the weather is near perfect year round IMO. Atlanta is too hot and humid, and El Paso is like an oven in the summer.
But...The OP said he would go out east in San Diego. It's very hot and stuffy there, especially in the summer.

One of the main cities out there is called El Cajon (box/drawer). There's a reason it was given that name. Lol

Old 02-12-2017, 12:53 PM

11,290 posts, read 7,880,663 times
Would go with El Paso. I lived there for a few years in the late 90's and I understand now its more up and coming. The climate is perfect with sunny skies, dry air and a taste of winter.
Not the most cosmopolitan city, its more of a hometown and not too big as to get lost in a big faceless city. The people are friendly and bilingual for the most part. El Paso is consistently rated in of the top safest places to live in.

I would pick the area around the university/Kerns Place and the westside to live in. Near the university you can walk to some places but still not much of college town and not too busy. Public transportation is good and so is the cost of living.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:32 PM

6,061 posts, read 3,390,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeklygolitely View Post
Close to the border for nightlife, warm climate, low rental prices.
Wait, you wanna go to Juarez for nightlife?

Old 02-13-2017, 12:35 AM

7 posts, read 3,759 times
Default Hospitals in El Paso

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
Would go with El Paso. I lived there for a few years in the late 90's and I understand now its more up and coming. The climate is perfect with sunny skies, dry air and a taste of winter.
Not the most cosmopolitan city, its more of a hometown and not too big as to get lost in a big faceless city. The people are friendly and bilingual for the most part. El Paso is consistently rated in of the top safest places to live in.

I would pick the area around the university/Kerns Place and the westside to live in. Near the university you can walk to some places but still not much of college town and not too busy. Public transportation is good and so is the cost of living.
Thanks for the additional info on neighborhoods there. Yes, the climate is nice there.
Just learned today that the hospitals there might leave alot to be desired.
Best Hospitals in El Paso, Texas | US News Best Hospitals

None of them make national rankings, important to an old coot like me.

Old 02-13-2017, 05:17 AM

11,290 posts, read 7,880,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeklygolitely View Post
Thanks for the additional info on neighborhoods there. Yes, the climate is nice there.
Just learned today that the hospitals there might leave alot to be desired.
Best Hospitals in El Paso, Texas | US News Best Hospitals

None of them make national rankings, important to an old coot like me.

I wouldn't necessarily go with what a site mentions. I would post a new thread on hospital care in the El Paso section of the forum and go from there after you have the locals input.

It might be a case where you have more medical clinics or specialization medical office buildings vs big hospitals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or