U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 10:06 AM

21,180 posts, read 30,336,326 times

Advertisements

Check out Durham NC. It has one of the highest per capita populations of Lesbians in the US with a healthy job market, decent salaries and a lower cost of living in a moderate four season climate with plenty of social and recreational amenities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 06:23 PM

6 posts, read 3,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
With Syracuse, Hawley-Green, Westcott and perhaps Downtown are likely the best bets, but the census tract around Sunnycrest Park has/had one of the highest percentages of same sex households in Upstate NY, if not the whole state. A census tract in Rochester's Neighborhood of the Arts is/was first in that regard.
I would be interested in seeing the data from the census track about Sunnycrest Park. You should post that for me because I might be interested in relocating there haha. I've lived in the Westcott area for five years and I have AT MOST twenty lesbians who are out.

Old 04-09-2017, 06:45 PM

266 posts, read 214,435 times
Check out the tower district in Fresno.

More affordable than most of sac and it has a very high gay population.

90k people live in the tower district, you're bound to meet lots of potential partners.

You'll be one hour from shaver lake and two from Yosemite.

High speed rail will put you one hour to san Fran in a few years.

Happy hunting

Try ashville,nc if you want to be on the east coast. It'll fit you perfectly.

Old 04-09-2017, 08:44 PM

56,507 posts, read 80,803,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clinn15 View Post
I would be interested in seeing the data from the census track about Sunnycrest Park. You should post that for me because I might be interested in relocating there haha. I've lived in the Westcott area for five years and I have AT MOST twenty lesbians who are out.
It is from one of these maps, which are older: Mapping America ? Census Bureau 2005-9 American Community Survey - NYTimes.com

Mapping the 2010 U.S. Census - NYTimes.com

Actually the owners of this restaurant in Hawley-Green are as well: Laci's Tapas Bar

For those not familiar, Hawley-Green is in this area of the city: Northside UP - The Northside Urban Partnership | Syracuse, NY

Hawley-Green Neighbors

City of Syracuse -> TNT Tomorrow's Neighborhoods Today

Sunnycrest Park is in this area of the city: City of Syracuse -> TNT Tomorrow's Neighborhoods Today

Eastwood Neighborhood Association

Businesses | Walkable Eastwood

Westcott is on this side of town: City of Syracuse -> TNT Tomorrow's Neighborhoods Today

Westcott Neighborhood Association - Westcott Community

UNPA | University Neighborhood Preservation Association

https://www.planning.org/greatplaces...ersityhill.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or