U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 10:41 PM

11,810 posts, read 18,844,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
True, but 19 year olds in 1975 weren't playing Pokemon Go or Snapchatting behind the wheels either.
They were just fumbling around with their 8 track tapes that were in a pile on the floor board of their cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 10:42 PM

5,629 posts, read 3,743,160 times
Hey. I was also a crappy driver in my 20's. I think I wanted to exert myself as an aggressive man who knew how to show who was the king of the road. Of course, that was just stupid. But young man hormones can get the best of you. At some point, you realize that behavior is just plain stupid. And I resent all my behavior during that era. Fortunately, I never injured anyone in this phase. As one gets older, you realize it doesn't matter. Just drive courteously and within the framework of what is considered "normal". This doesn't mean you have to be a "wuss", but it does mean you don't need to be an a-hole either. I think most adult drivers learn this basic lesson at some point. And those who don't, have other problems not related to driving, IMO.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:44 AM

2,243 posts, read 3,468,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Did you drive like an idiot with your face glued to a cell phone in 2004 tho cuz that makes a hell of a difference. A lot of accidents can be prevented if people just put the phone down for 15 minutes. There's always been bad drivers but at least the bad drivers who keep their eyes on the road are trying!
Nope, as I said, just drove way too fast for no other reason than I was a boy who hadn't turned into a man. The post by pnwguy2 pretty much nails it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or