U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2017, 11:09 AM

640 posts, read 294,754 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I didn't know where to put this. It's been a while I have been asking the same. I come from Spain and I wonder what are your opinion (americans from USA) about people coming from Spain. Now, living in Mexico, I realized how bad is generally the mexican reputation in USA and latinos. I am afraid I have been told many years ago that some americans confuse spaniards (people from Spain) with latinos. Essentially we are latinos because we have heritage from Ancient Roman Empire but I don't know if this is the same concept as being latino is in United States. I know some cases of spaniards living in United States, now with financial crisis there are more spaniards there but as far as I know we are not a plague there and also contrary to other countries, our population is not booming, quite the opposite, our population is decreasing from 47 million to 46 million.

So then, what's your opinion about spaniards? we are loved or hated or simply ignored there? Also, I want to have an american friend, no problem about race, what is the best way to approach an american to establish a friendship relationship? (not love)

Old 02-16-2017, 01:19 PM

12,604 posts, read 16,690,030 times
To my knowledge, I have never known anyone born in Spain. As a Texas anglo I have been around hispanics most of my life. There have been some bad ones but mostly good and several who have been my very close friends. I also once worked with a young lady who was born in Puerto Rico but whose ancestral roots were from Catalonia but that's as close as I can come to having known a native Spanaird. In as much, I have no feelings that I can identify. I would like to visit Spain though.

In short. I can't address other American's feeling about Spanairds but I feel most are like my own, e.g., mostly benign.

Buena suerte!
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.