U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 01:01 PM

21,282 posts, read 30,575,148 times

Advertisements

Not a single mention yet of Washington DC, bizarre. It would be a great fit and even suburban areas in MD like Silver Spring, College Park or Greenbelt would be nice places as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2017, 02:45 PM

14,157 posts, read 19,861,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Atlanta might be a fit. Good sized educated black population, good jobs, low cost. It's southern though so you might dislike the culture. Houston also comes to mind and you'd do well there as an engineer.
Hahaha thats funny

Old 02-18-2017, 04:23 PM

56 posts, read 32,884 times
In my experience as a black man women out here will mess around with your typical Jamal and Darqwisius types, and occaisionally men like me. But 95% and I would say even higher amounts of the women only consider white men for longer relationships. Unless we are talking lower quality women out here. Even the black women it seems choose the white men out here. Yes there are BBW who seem to exclusively go for black men. But im sorry I just cant reccommend the PNW for an educated black male. Im pretty outgoing,im part of weeekend touch football games, and can usually make friends even when I go out alone. I dont know what it is, Valentines day just passed, would you believe that all my educated brothers were single out here yet again? Dont know if thats a coincidence or not cause its not like im hanging out with just black males, and it seems out here that even some of white and asian friends, professional or not with varying degrees of social acumen all have a better shot of being locked up come next valentines day.

Old 02-18-2017, 04:44 PM

57,053 posts, read 81,446,668 times
Why do I feel like this is a troll thread?

Old 02-18-2017, 05:05 PM

It's not. But that's a good way to dispel any kind of conversation. The PNW is touted as a great place for blacks. Among the professional blacks I know this is not true. Per the racial slurs I have had to endure, and the general under the brow comments I get from people I would like to have a discussion on why things are the way that it is, why are the several threads on this very topic, and to finally establish a place that would be more suited.

Old 02-18-2017, 05:09 PM

Believe me living out in the NW for 25 years I have seen alot. I'm not trying to invite any racial arguments, but at the same time I can't simply ignore patterns and my own experiences. I never play the race card. I grew up in an all white environment so that honestly would have meant social suicide for me. This is just one instance where I can't ignore what's in front of me.

Old 02-18-2017, 06:57 PM

26,160 posts, read 15,450,168 times
No its best not to,ITS GOOD TO BE AWARE OF THINGS AROUND YOU!!

Your doing good research my friend -- The USA is not really a good place!! (Alot of mesn people)

Old 02-20-2017, 08:41 AM

605 posts, read 470,942 times
Major cities in the South such as Houston and Atlanta (and even Charlotte, Nashville, and Dallas to a lesser extent) are known for their educated and successful black population, I would also look into Washington DC/Baltimore in the Northeast. Regarding the Midwest, Detroit might be another possibility since there is a large concentration of engineering firms in the area and the city has started to recover economically.

Old 02-21-2017, 12:55 AM

Great advice. I was actually considering Detroit!

Old 02-21-2017, 01:17 AM
Status: "Warrior fan no matter the roster" (set 12 days ago)

12,226 posts, read 10,481,094 times
Chicago has some well-publicized problems like a spike in crime and debt with the city itself, but still has a large refined, professional black population and while "liberal" will likely be the opposite type of what you experience in Seattle. Same with Cleveland, but on a smaller scale.
Seattle (and Tacoma) had their black communities built after WW2 and has slowly moved out while white & Asian gentrification has moved in. I can understand why you're feeling isolated up there. It's happening in Oakland and LA too, but they had larger communities to begin with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.