U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 12:43 PM

48,279 posts, read 45,557,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
In the South, it's more of an overt thing and at least you know where people stand. I can deal with that a bit better than the covert racism, which sometimes wears a progressive face, in other parts of the country.
Who really wants to deal with racial strife, overt or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 05:11 PM

56,742 posts, read 81,061,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palpatinethegreat View Post
I have nothing against OP or this thread but it's strange.

A version of this thread was posted by an Indian man, instead of helping him out the users simply attacked him and had the thread locked. It seems like black men are the only allowed to seek advice on this forum in that regard while other races are shut down for it, I find this double standard to be quite disturbing.

Obviously some user came in and accused the OP of being multiple accounts but the thread seemed very sincere to me. I am bothered by how moderators can be so misled by just one person.
I'm with you on the first sentence, but I wouldn't be surprised if this thread was to prove some "point" that you mentioned in this post. I doubt that it is a legitimate thread, to be honest.

Old 02-26-2017, 05:14 PM

56,742 posts, read 81,061,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water4Life View Post
I don't agree 100% with the bolded section. I'm a classic introvert and probably asexual, but in my travels, I've observed that black women outside of the South are not very smitten with black men. It seems like there are definitely lots of black women who are now dating interracial. It would be interesting to see the latest polls.
I don't know about this...While it will depend on the individual, I don't think it is totally different outside of the South in this regard and other factors may be at play.

Old 02-26-2017, 05:28 PM

48,279 posts, read 45,557,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water4Life View Post
I don't agree 100% with the bolded section. I'm a classic introvert and probably asexual, but in my travels, I've observed that black women outside of the South are not very smitten with black men. It seems like there are definitely lots of black women who are now dating interracial. It would be interesting to see the latest polls.
I live in the Atlanta area and recently, I've seen a surge of interracial dating among Black women. At least within the last 2 years.

Old 02-26-2017, 05:51 PM

56 posts, read 32,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I'm with you on the first sentence, but I wouldn't be surprised if this thread was to prove some "point" that you mentioned in this post. I doubt that it is a legitimate thread, to be honest.

I'm pretty legitimate, I wouldn't spend my weekend off from work tending to a thread that I just made up. I just thought I would make a thread based on my experience, and based on some of the other threads of black men in the Seattle area I would say I was pretty spot on with some of my observations.

If it makes you uncomfortable reading my post then 1. Pull your head out of your butt. 2. Go somewhere else and don't detract away from individuals who actually want sound relocation advice.

Not here to prove some far out point.

Last edited by Snagers234; 02-26-2017 at 06:12 PM..

Old 02-26-2017, 05:54 PM

56 posts, read 32,643 times
I don't know man it sucks. I cant speak on being an Indian man and dating and relocation but it seems that other people would rather bury their heads in the sand on these issues and pretend that "race doesn't matter" and "it must be you". When there are several other threads and posts about location and dating with regards to minorities to back up some of our claims, it doesn't seem right and I'm sorry.

Old 02-26-2017, 07:09 PM

29,949 posts, read 27,441,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Who really wants to deal with racial strife, overt or not?
Nobody, but it's always better to know what you're up against.

Old 02-26-2017, 07:36 PM

29,949 posts, read 27,441,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palpatinethegreat View Post
I have nothing against OP or this thread but it's strange.

A version of this thread was posted by an Indian man, instead of helping him out the users simply attacked him and had the thread locked. It seems like black men are the only allowed to seek advice on this forum in that regard while other races are shut down for it, I find this double standard to be quite disturbing.

Obviously some user came in and accused the OP of being multiple accounts but the thread seemed very sincere to me. I am bothered by how moderators can be so misled by just one person.
I think all of y'all are the same person myself.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:21 PM

7 posts, read 3,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I think all of y'all are the same person myself.
point stands

why not just ban the guy but let the thread remain unlocked so men of that background who want advice about the matter can get it?

It was a perfectly legitimate thread but because one whiner made a scene, mods deleted it.

No wonder this forum has so many bad reviews, some days I wish a person would come up with a better version of this place where people of various backgrounds can get answers to their question.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:23 PM

7 posts, read 3,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I just wish that men of other minority groups could be allowed to talk about race on this forum because racism and dislike towards non-black minority groups, especially in the dating realm, does exist. Nothing wrong with a person wanting to know what city is good for them.

Like I know Trump is president and nationalism is on the rise but are we to a point where men of certain minority groups cannot get legitimate advice? At this rate you'll be telling a Pakistani guy seeking interracial dating advice to move to a racist city like Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.