U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 04:58 AM

56,868 posts, read 81,192,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by palpatinethegreat View Post
I just wish that men of other minority groups could be allowed to talk about race on this forum because racism and dislike towards non-black minority groups, especially in the dating realm, does exist. Nothing wrong with a person wanting to know what city is good for them.

Like I know Trump is president and nationalism is on the rise but are we to a point where men of certain minority groups cannot get legitimate advice? At this rate you'll be telling a Pakistani guy seeking interracial dating advice to move to a racist city like Atlanta.
That's not what this is about and is something to bring up in the dating or even politics/controversies forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 08:01 AM

9,971 posts, read 6,907,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I live in the Atlanta area and recently, I've seen a surge of interracial dating among Black women. At least within the last 2 years.
I think certain TV shows have made it more acceptable. Ten years ago it was still frowned upon by many black women. You cannot expect for them to just sit on the sidelines while black men increasingly choose to date and marry other races. Often times when my wife and I went out.....it would be groups of black women going out to dinner or to movies, while I would see black guys with white women at the same places.

I live in Minneapolis now. Chris Rock did a show here a while back. He joked that as soon as a black person arrives at the MSP airport that you are immediately given a white girl. "here is your white girl"!. Lol. I have a nephew here who has NEVER dated a black girl and does not even entertain the idea. He only looks for white girls....period. There is something wrong with that of interracial relationship. If you are attracted to a trait that you cannot reproduce, through reproduction, with that person, then its not a healthy attraction.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:18 AM

29,973 posts, read 27,498,725 times
Quote:
point stands

why not just ban the guy but let the thread remain unlocked so men of that background who want advice about the matter can get it?

It was a perfectly legitimate thread but because one whiner made a scene, mods deleted it.

No wonder this forum has so many bad reviews, some days I wish a person would come up with a better version of this place where people of various backgrounds can get answers to their question.
As many threads as you've made, if you haven't gotten the advice you're looking for by now, then too bad.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I think certain TV shows have made it more acceptable. Ten years ago it was still frowned upon by many black women. You cannot expect for them to just sit on the sidelines while black men increasingly choose to date and marry other races. Often times when my wife and I went out.....it would be groups of black women going out to dinner or to movies, while I would see black guys with white women at the same places.

I live in Minneapolis now. Chris Rock did a show here a while back. He joked that as soon as a black person arrives at the MSP airport that you are immediately given a white girl. "here is your white girl"!. Lol. I have a nephew here who has NEVER dated a black girl and does not even entertain the idea. He only looks for white girls....period. There is something wrong with that of interracial relationship. If you are attracted to a trait that you cannot reproduce, through reproduction, with that person, then its not a healthy attraction.
Here is some information on this and it may surprise some people: BlackDemographics.com | MARRIAGE

So, there are other dynamics at play.

Old 02-27-2017, 09:21 AM

9,971 posts, read 6,907,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Here is some information on this and it may surprise some people: BlackDemographics.com | MARRIAGE

So, there are other dynamics at play.
Thanks for the demographics. I doubt that the MSP area would be considered a microcosm of the data you presented.....my home state of Michigan likely would be, however.

I still have never even visited a place where it appeared that black women would rather date non-black men. I mean.....if you are raised in a overwhelmingly white area.....then what you will be used to is dating people who reflect your environment. Seattle seems to be in the middle of the pack, in terms of black white segregation, according to this dated link. CensusScope -- Segregation: Dissimilarity Indices

I would think cities at the bottom of the list, in other words....the least racially segregated areas, would have high levels of interracial relationships.

Old 02-27-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Thanks for the demographics. I doubt that the MSP area would be considered a microcosm of the data you presented.....my home state of Michigan likely would be, however.

I still have never even visited a place where it appeared that black women would rather date non-black men. I mean.....if you are raised in a overwhelmingly white area.....then what you will be used to is dating people who reflect your environment. Seattle seems to be in the middle of the pack, in terms of black white segregation, according to this dated link. CensusScope -- Segregation: Dissimilarity Indices

I would think cities at the bottom of the list, in other words....the least racially segregated areas, would have high levels of interracial relationships.
I think the thing that makes Seattle and similar areas different is that there are actually more Black men than Black women in these areas or if there is less, it isn't by much. I believe that Denver, San Diego and a few others are like this. I believe that the source that I used has that information as well.

I think that dissimilarity index uses 2000 information.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 02-27-2017 at 09:54 AM..

Old 02-27-2017, 10:00 AM

48,339 posts, read 45,615,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I think the thing that makes Seattle and similar areas different is that there are actually more Black men than Black women in these areas or if there is less, it isn't by much. I believe that Denver, San Diego and a few others are like this. I believe that the source that I used has that information as well.

I think that dissimilarity index uses 2000 information.
If you break it down by age group, the pattern is the same in most major cities. Between ages 18-30, there are more single Black men than single Black women. I suspect this will be more so in places like Seattle, Denver, and especially San Diego with a sizable part of the male population in the military.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If you break it down by age group, the pattern is the same in most major cities. Between ages 18-30, there are more single Black men than single Black women. I suspect this will be more so in places like Seattle, Denver, and especially San Diego with a sizable part of the male population in the military.
Yup and that is a dynamic that plays a part in things like this topic. I'm glad you brought up age, as people look at this in totality without considering life expectancy.

Also, that source also showed the percentage of Black males and Black females that have never been married and I thought that information was interesting. With that we have to also consider the incarceration/prison industrial complex/War On Drugs/crime/law aspect as well and what gender tends to be involved in that as well.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:22 AM

7 posts, read 3,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
As many threads as you've made, if you haven't gotten the advice you're looking for by now, then too bad.

You are clearly mixing me up with the wrong person.

It isn't even about Indians, I saw a thread posted by a latino on a similar topic being deleted, the double standard is just insane. It's a travesty that you and like 3 or 4 people have a say in what threads get locked and which ones don't.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
You are clearly mixing me up with the wrong person.

It isn't even about Indians, I saw a thread posted by a latino on a similar topic being deleted, the double standard is just insane. It's a travesty that you and like 3 or 4 people have a say in what threads get locked and which ones don't.
That's not it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.