Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 12:55 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snagers234 View Post
And this thread was basically for the purpose of dispelling the myth that the PNW is some koombayah circle and everyone is holding hands. It's consistently touted as this race blind paradise. I wanted to give some of my personal experiences as well as point to some other threads of black males in Washington and surrounding areas.

Everyone who thinks I'm fixated on race, I would be saying the same thing if I was in a majority black city and the majority of black women explicitly said no black men either online or in person just saying
I always thought of the PNW as an area where skinhead types like to live. I mean....Portland, Oregon....it was illegal for blacks to live there until the 1920's I believe. They had black exclusion laws and the like. I have heard more recent stories about racist skinhead attacks on black immigrants in the PNW. Never did I ever think of PNW as Koombayah....but maybe others do.....I don't know.

Anyway, are you Sudanese? I ask that because Sudanese, from what I have seen, are the darkest black people I know. I am dark skinned......but not "blue black", like some of the people I grew up with. If you are really dark....then yeah.....even black people shy away sometimes, from relationships. Usually if you are dark skinned like me, light skinned sisters are attracted to you. However, I like dark skinned girls or light skinned girls. There is still, although not as much as it used to be, color preference among blacks that go from dark being the least attractive......to light, with "good hair" being the most attractive. However, when live in the era now where you can almost make yourself look like whatever you want to look like via surgery, implants, chemicals and the like.

Your post title mentioned "Education". I don't think your issue is related to "formal" education. Your problems do not sound like the problems of a typical educated black men would have. Educated black men are in high demand with the sisters.....I don't care where you are. You gotta have some swag about you though....and conservative black men usually don't have much swag.....for real though. I mean....juxtapose Obama with Clarence Thomas. I mean...I did not vote for him but Obama got swag.

Best of luck to you my friend. I hope you find what you are looking for or find it in yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 04:04 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
These threads are amazing. How many times was race mentioned in the OP?

Old 02-24-2017, 04:46 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Race is the topic for blacks as much is left right politics is the topic for whites. It just shows what each race feels has the greatest influence on their race.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:28 PM

56 posts, read 57,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
You can't read. *he says hoping the poster who claims he is fixated on race actually reads the previous posts, where the OPs reasoning has been explained. All the while knowing that this probably won't happen and the OP will still be accused of being obsessed with race, he lets out a sigh*

Old 02-24-2017, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I always thought of the PNW as an area where skinhead types like to live. I mean....Portland, Oregon....it was illegal for blacks to live there until the 1920's I believe. They had black exclusion laws and the like. I have heard more recent stories about racist skinhead attacks on black immigrants in the PNW. Never did I ever think of PNW as Koombayah....but maybe others do.....I don't know.

Anyway, are you Sudanese? I ask that because Sudanese, from what I have seen, are the darkest black people I know. I am dark skinned......but not "blue black", like some of the people I grew up with. If you are really dark....then yeah.....even black people shy away sometimes, from relationships. Usually if you are dark skinned like me, light skinned sisters are attracted to you. However, I like dark skinned girls or light skinned girls. There is still, although not as much as it used to be, color preference among blacks that go from dark being the least attractive......to light, with "good hair" being the most attractive. However, when live in the era now where you can almost make yourself look like whatever you want to look like via surgery, implants, chemicals and the like.

Your post title mentioned "Education". I don't think your issue is related to "formal" education. Your problems do not sound like the problems of a typical educated black men would have. Educated black men are in high demand with the sisters.....I don't care where you are. You gotta have some swag about you though....and conservative black men usually don't have much swag.....for real though. I mean....juxtapose Obama with Clarence Thomas. I mean...I did not vote for him but Obama got swag.

Best of luck to you my friend. I hope you find what you are looking for or find it in yourself.
And your first paragraph is where I was trying to get at. Having gone to school out in the Eastern Washington area I can confirm that there are alot of those types out in the rural parts as well as the city as they are virtually indistinguishable in many cases. They just won't come out and say it like in more direct cultures.

Maybe you don't hear it but on these threads and consistently in person I constantly hear this region touted as some racial paradise. Not much backlash against this idea either it seems.

I guess that's that then, I don't have swag. The most swaggiest thing I've seen Obama do is give people a fist bump and then he plays basketball of course. Maybe I don't have enough of a cool factor for them though *Hands over black card*

Old 02-24-2017, 08:26 PM

My problem wasn't even that though. It seems like the sisters that have anything going for themselves exclusively date white men or men of a different race up here. The black women I receive interest from are typically ghetto, or large, or some combination of those two.

Old 02-25-2017, 07:33 PM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
I'm Black, I lived part of my life in the PNW and a large part in the South. My father, who is a Black professional, has endured more racial strife living in the South than in the Pacific Northwest. I can attest to the same.

Old 02-25-2017, 08:59 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm Black, I lived part of my life in the PNW and a large part in the South. My father, who is a Black professional, has endured more racial strife living in the South than in the Pacific Northwest. I can attest to the same.
In the South, it's more of an overt thing and at least you know where people stand. I can deal with that a bit better than the covert racism, which sometimes wears a progressive face, in other parts of the country.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:05 AM

209 posts, read 220,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post

I don't agree 100% with the bolded section. I'm a classic introvert and probably asexual, but in my travels, I've observed that black women outside of the South are not very smitten with black men. It seems like there are definitely lots of black women who are now dating interracial. It would be interesting to see the latest polls.

Old 02-26-2017, 09:47 AM

7 posts, read 6,263 times
I have nothing against OP or this thread but it's strange.

A version of this thread was posted by an Indian man, instead of helping him out the users simply attacked him and had the thread locked. It seems like black men are the only allowed to seek advice on this forum in that regard while other races are shut down for it, I find this double standard to be quite disturbing.

Obviously some user came in and accused the OP of being multiple accounts but the thread seemed very sincere to me. I am bothered by how moderators can be so misled by just one person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.