U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 12:18 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,111,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Hawaii may not have any Republican areas in a national sense
Hawai'i's Senate doesn't have a single Republican (single-party state) and every Republican in their House chamber is in a district won by Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Vermont, Hawaii, Massachusetts and Rhode Island as well. I think all of Connecticut might be blue.
Vermont's Northeast Kingdom is GOP: 51%-35% Trump in Essex County
Rhode Island's Kent County went GOP: 47-46% Trump
Connecticut has two GOP counties - Litchfield and Windham

Old 02-27-2017, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I thought Dupage and Will county was pretty red.
Lean Dem now.

DuPage: 53% Clinton, 39% Trump
Will: 50% Clinton, 44% Trump

McHenry and Kendall are the GOP exurbs now.

Old 02-27-2017, 12:10 PM

8,115 posts, read 17,340,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manitopiaaa View Post
Vermont's Northeast Kingdom is GOP: 51%-35% Trump in Essex County
Rhode Island's Kent County went GOP: 47-46% Trump
Connecticut has two GOP counties - Litchfield and Windham
What is interesting about Essex County VT might be the lack of population in it. Per the numbers, there's less than 3,000 people in this county. This might be the least populous county east of the Mississippi River.

Old 02-27-2017, 12:35 PM

11,145 posts, read 14,143,519 times
Most states have very conservative and very liberal areas, except for the New England states. The New England states are almost entirely blue counties, and the red counties are not that red.

Old 02-27-2017, 01:17 PM

2,753 posts, read 2,224,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherguy View Post
With Texas, you have Austin, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and El Paso as Democratic, with the inner cities at least of Austin, Houston, and Dallas being quite liberal. Then there are cities like Midland, Odessa, Tyler, etc. that are very conservative, along with pretty much all small towns and rural areas, and many suburbs. With changing demographics, the state is getting more Democratic and liberal, but it won't affect elections to a large degree until voter turnout improves substantially.
Republicans should be getting nervous about whether Texas will lean Democrat in the next few decades. You have a lot of people from Detriot and Chicago who are Democrat that have been moving down there since most northern states offer less job opportunities than states down south.

Old 02-27-2017, 01:47 PM

8,115 posts, read 17,340,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
Republicans should be getting nervous about whether Texas will lean Democrat in the next few decades. You have a lot of people from Detriot and Chicago who are Democrat that have been moving down there since most northern states offer less job opportunities than states down south.

From 2012 to 2016, six states went 'bluer' than in 2012. Texas was one of them. So was Arizona. That said, you can make the case that Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota will become more red. What you see in the future, regrettably, is an ever sharpening political race and ethnicity war.

Old 02-27-2017, 01:51 PM

6,072 posts, read 3,399,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
I dunno a single person from Detroit. I know a few from Chicago but not too many. Most Midwesterners that move here come from Kansas, Missouri, Iowa and Nebraska which are more moderately conservative if anything. The liberal transplants mostly come from California and New York and the amount that come in is overstated. I don't see Texas becoming blue within my lifetime to be honest. Its too large and dynamic and its rural population does not sit backseat to its urban population like in other smaller states.

Old 02-27-2017, 02:11 PM

28,272 posts, read 26,279,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
I dunno a single person from Detroit. I know a few from Chicago but not too many. Most Midwesterners that move here come from Kansas, Missouri, Iowa and Nebraska which are more moderately conservative if anything. The liberal transplants mostly come from California and New York and the amount that come in is overstated. I don't see Texas becoming blue within my lifetime to be honest. Its too large and dynamic and its rural population does not sit backseat to its urban population like in other smaller states.
This will depend on how the Hispanic population ends up breaking in the long term. If that bloc votes 67-70% Democratic, then it will most certainly become blue since the NHW population there declines by about a half % point each year. I doubt Texas will be competitive by 2024, but I could see things becoming dicey by 2028 depending on how hostile the GOP becomes to Latinos.

Old 02-27-2017, 02:29 PM
JJG

13,249 posts, read 19,197,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
The big cities in Texas are mainly democratic.I hear Fort Worth is most conservative big Texas city and Austin is most liberal big texas city.Suburbs tend to be conservative in Texas.Most of the mid-sized cities in Texas are mainly republican.Most of the small towns are conservative.Although I think Marfa is pretty democratic.
Fort Worth is MODERATE in a red county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or