Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 01:30 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,494,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpsharky View Post
New Hampshire. It may be a little colder but not much more than your used to.
Ding Ding Ding

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffydelusions View Post
Aren't property taxes there super high though?

Also OP, I'm from CT...there are many worse places you could live! I've lived in quite a few places from having been in the military. At least you are quite close to many major metros in CT. That said, I now reside Washington state and definitely prefer it over CT for a variety of reasons.
Property taxes are Not High WHEN Compared to CT.... Plus no income tax, no sales tax and no property tax on vehicles. Added bonus, its not CT!

Weather is very similar most of the year, a little bit colder/snowier in the winter, which has its benefits as you can actually enjoy winter activities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 01:32 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,877,527 times
I love living in Tennessee, I have a place in Ohio where I am from as well. I would consider moving to Colorado since I have never lived out West before but that is the only state I would consider.

Old 05-08-2017, 07:57 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,380,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
I love living in Tennessee, I have a place in Ohio where I am from as well. I would consider moving to Colorado since I have never lived out West before but that is the only state I would consider.
What part of Colorado, Vanderbiltgrad?

Old 05-09-2017, 09:46 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,746,610 times
I'd like to move to California as long as I'm living in Orange County or San Diego (or somewhere that isn't filled with liberal wackos).

Old 05-11-2017, 11:39 AM

405 posts, read 476,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
I'd like to move to California as long as I'm living in Orange County or San Diego (or somewhere that isn't filled with liberal wackos).
Agreed! California would be the perfect state if it wasn't filled with a bunch of super left-winged morons. It's really dragging the state down the drain. I'd pick Phoenix over LA at this point.

Old 05-12-2017, 01:49 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Almost anywhere would be better than Oklahoma, except for maybe Mississippi and Alabama. I'm not a Baptist and I'm not a Trump supporter. It's ugly and has some of the worst weather in the country. I want to move so bad, but I am stuck here another three years.

Old 07-06-2017, 03:40 PM

66 posts, read 47,206 times
Living on the west side of the LP of Michigan would be very interesting to me. I currently live in NE Wisconsin. I can't imagine it being drastically different from NE WI, but it'd be cool to see what kind of natural beauty that side of Michigan has to offer especially since they have Sleeping Bear Dunes (on my bucket list to go visit one day).

Old 07-06-2017, 05:56 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,330,349 times
I love texas , its exciting to live in the texas triangle right now, alot of energy and entrepreneurship and optimism, tons of stuff to do, big sky country for sure, great horseback riding and open space, but I miss the ocean. My american dream would be a place in texas and florida or the carolinas for the ocean

Old 07-08-2017, 09:16 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,492,842 times
Michigan's Upper Peninsula should and will eventually be a separate state. Ten feet of snow is nine feet and change past my shoveling endurance, but I would like to visit someday.

Old 07-08-2017, 09:33 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,895,809 times
Unless everything collapses in some way, shape or form; professionally, personally, financially, physically or, geologically. I seriously doubt I (we) will be ever be moving away not only from this area, but from this neighborhood or house!

But I love to visit all kinds of cities and areas, this one certainly doesn't have it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.