U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 09:20 AM

67 posts, read 92,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Raleigh is a straight shot up I-40 from Wilmington and can be reached in less than 2 hours. It's rapidly growing, has a terrific economy and the Triangle has nearly 8 times the population. Weekend trips to Wilmington is a breeze to see your friends and young single people in Raleigh love going to Wilmington for the weekend.
Thanks, this is true!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2017, 06:56 PM

33 posts, read 20,539 times
I was also going to recommend Raleigh or even Charlotte-both I'm sure are good on dating and both have nice weather IMO (all 4 seasons but not awful winters). Also not extremely far from your parents or friends (both would be driveable). I'm actually a single 28 female from Michigan and considering Charlotte but also having trouble deciding where I want to go.

Old 03-10-2017, 07:18 PM

5,091 posts, read 2,139,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verdegallardo View Post
- Cute mountain towns like Boulder, CO
Boulder.... cute?? I don't think so. It seems bombarded by snooty, semi-rich folks, power-driven uber-athletes, and college students. Have you ever visited there? Cost of living is high there, and there are lots of months of cold. It only really warms up from May to September. People are also very one-dimensional there, and everybody's basically the same (including race and culture).

Old 03-10-2017, 08:00 PM

3,080 posts, read 2,113,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verdegallardo View Post
Thanks for the info! Great points.

Of course, the flip side of living in married suburbia, is they seem to provide an endless source of dating options of someone they know through so and so. At least when I was single, my married friends seem to always be trying to hook me up with someone they knew.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or