Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2017, 02:04 AM

9 posts, read 8,832 times

Advertisements

Nope mostly no other. When I lived near Wisconsin border of MN saw WI plates commonly. My roomate has ND plates. So I see that every day other that its frigid tundral plane images of MN just bout evarwhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 11:07 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,644,461 times
Based on all of the places I lived, ordered by frequency:

NC: VA, NJ, NY, SC

MO: KS, IL, IA, NE

IA: IL, NE, MO

TX: OK, AR, CA, LA, FL

IL (Chicago specifically): IN (see a ton), WI, IA, MO

Old 04-09-2017, 12:59 PM

14,498 posts, read 9,382,821 times
Pennsylvania is most common in my part of New Jersey. Next, I think Maryland may actually be slightly ahead of Delaware. And I think Virginia is actually more common than New York.

Old 04-09-2017, 03:17 PM

14 posts, read 12,103 times
In Delaware, when it comes to non-bordering states, Virginia is definitely the most common.

Old 04-09-2017, 03:44 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,075,022 times
Mainly TX, OK, CO, and lots of PA plates on the cars belonging to personnel at the local base over here in Clovis/Portales.

Old 04-09-2017, 03:47 PM

2,611 posts, read 2,852,620 times
In Reno, NV
I saw CA, UT, AZ, OR, WA, TX, MI, FL, OH.

Old 04-09-2017, 03:59 PM

14,498 posts, read 9,382,821 times
I remember when I was once in Central Ontario, easily 98%+ of plates were from Ontario. That's unusual for here because we're so connected to outside states. I wonder where they see the fewest out of state plates per vehicle... maybe like coastal California?

Old 07-06-2017, 11:03 PM

66 posts, read 46,743 times
In general, I see Illinois license plates the most. It seems like Northern/NE Wisconsin is a popular vacation destination for them. I can't remember ever not seeing an Illinoisan whenever I go to Door County in the summer/fall.

Minnesota is fairly prevalent as far east as Eau Claire and even Wausau. La Crosse has their fair share of Minnesotans as well.
Illinoisans can be found just about anywhere from Madison and Milwaukee southward
I also see a fair amount of Michiganers from the UP around the Door County and Green Bay area as well.

And for some reason, I tend to see plates from Texas more commonly when compared to other states that don't neighbor Wisconsin. Don't really have an explanation as to why.

Old 07-07-2017, 04:11 PM

14,169 posts, read 22,592,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
If I have to limit it to states that don't border Georgia, the ones I see the most in the Athens area are Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri and Virginia plates. To a lesser extent, I'll see New York, Pennsylvania and Texas plates.

Last time I was in Pittsburgh, I saw a lot of Connecticut, Illinois and Virginia plates. To a lesser extent, I saw Florida, Michigan and Texas plates.
Updating and ranking both lists:

Athens

1. Louisiana
2. Kentucky
3. Virginia
4. Texas
5. Mississippi
6. Missouri
7. Maryland
8. Pennsylvania
9. New York
10. New Jersey

Others that I saw more than once (alphabetically): Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, West Virginia, Wisconsin.

Pittsburgh

1. Virginia
2. Connecticut
3. Illinois
4. Texas
5. Michigan
6. Florida
7. North Carolina
8. Indiana
9. Kentucky
10. Rhode Island

Others that I saw more than once (alphabetically): California, Georgia, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Washington, Wisconsin.

NOTE: The Athens list is based on what I've seen in the area this year, and the Pittsburgh list still goes by what I recall the last time I was there.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:41 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,749,127 times
Thanks for bumping the thread!

Out of State plates are an indicator (not a pure indicator) of those who have moved to your area or are traveling. In the summer the latter is in play more than not. Rental cars are the wildcard, and don't mean much.

I find this topic interesting as it tells its own story in many ways. Even though it is very unscientific admittedly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.