U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-14-2017, 05:59 PM
 
226 posts, read 207,988 times
Reputation: 178

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
They always have some of the best teams in the nation. A couple of years ago, a team came from CA and destroyed Aledo, a perennial Texas powerhouse. The CA team lost four or five games that year, and Aledo went to the state finals. Teams in the PAC 12 are stacked with CA players. For what it's worth, MANY people here in Texas don't care about high school football, either. I know people who played in those small football crazy towns here in Texas, and they were happy to get away from it. They were completely burned out from that "culture" when they left.
Aledo overwhelms California team 65-7
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-14-2017, 06:00 PM
 
226 posts, read 207,988 times
Reputation: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
They always have some of the best teams in the nation. A couple of years ago, a team came from CA and destroyed Aledo, a perennial Texas powerhouse. The CA team lost four or five games that year, and Aledo went to the state finals. Teams in the PAC 12 are stacked with CA players. For what it's worth, MANY people here in Texas don't care about high school football, either. I know people who played in those small football crazy towns here in Texas, and they were happy to get away from it. They were completely burned out from that "culture" when they left.

Aledo scored touchdowns on its first six possessions and cruised to a 65-7 victory against Westlake Village (Calif.) Friday night at Bearcat Stadium.

Bearcats running backs Jase McClellan and Michael Jordan combined for 277 yards and seven touchdowns. Jordan, who scored on runs of 4, 1 and 62 yards, led all rushers with 176 yards on 18 carries.

Aledo, No. 2 in The Associated Press Class 5A state poll, rushed for 345 yards and finished with 571 yards of offense. Aledo scored on eight of its first nine possessions.

Read more here: Aledo overwhelms California team 65-7 | Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2017, 06:15 PM
 
226 posts, read 207,988 times
Reputation: 178
The team that beat Aledo is a private Catholic school playing in CA's largest classification and went on to lose in the CA sectional finals that year by one point.
Bishop Amat 2014 Football Schedule
Mascot Lancers Team Varsity 2014 Colors Royal Blue, Gold
Coach Steve Hagerty Address 14301 Fairgrove Ave, La Puente, CA 91746
Overall 9-4 League 5-1 National Rank 27State (CA) Rank 5
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2017, 06:25 PM
 
226 posts, read 207,988 times
Reputation: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
They always have some of the best teams in the nation. A couple of years ago, a team came from CA and destroyed Aledo, a perennial Texas powerhouse. The CA team lost four or five games that year, and Aledo went to the state finals. Teams in the PAC 12 are stacked with CA players. For what it's worth, MANY people here in Texas don't care about high school football, either. I know people who played in those small football crazy towns here in Texas, and they were happy to get away from it. They were completely burned out from that "culture" when they left.
Euless Trinity knocks off No. 1 De La Salle in Texas showdown

De La Salle (Concord, Calif.) made its first trip to Texas and the Spartans will head home with a loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2017, 07:51 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
4,160 posts, read 4,743,587 times
Reputation: 4861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout0417 View Post
Aledo scored touchdowns on its first six possessions and cruised to a 65-7 victory against Westlake Village (Calif.) Friday night at Bearcat Stadium.

Bearcats running backs Jase McClellan and Michael Jordan combined for 277 yards and seven touchdowns. Jordan, who scored on runs of 4, 1 and 62 yards, led all rushers with 176 yards on 18 carries.

Aledo, No. 2 in The Associated Press Class 5A state poll, rushed for 345 yards and finished with 571 yards of offense. Aledo scored on eight of its first nine possessions.

Read more here: Aledo overwhelms California team 65-7 | Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Westlake Village only won 3 games all year. What's your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2017, 07:59 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
4,160 posts, read 4,743,587 times
Reputation: 4861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout0417 View Post
The team that beat Aledo is a private Catholic school playing in CA's largest classification and went on to lose in the CA sectional finals that year by one point.
Bishop Amat 2014 Football Schedule
Mascot Lancers Team Varsity 2014 Colors Royal Blue, Gold
Coach Steve Hagerty Address 14301 Fairgrove Ave, La Puente, CA 91746
Overall 9-4 League 5-1 National Rank 27State (CA) Rank 5
So, a 9-4 team from CA who only won two playoff games beat Texas State finalist Aledo, 42-7. The point is I was responding to a poster who said he did not understand why people were referencing why CA as a tough football state. My point is there are some GREAT high school football teams in CA, and they can compete with some of the best in the nation. Granted it's only one game, but to say CA doesn't have strong teams is ludicrous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2017, 08:04 PM
 
226 posts, read 207,988 times
Reputation: 178
Your assessment of Texas and California High School football is wrong. Bishop Amat was the # 5 ranked team in CA that year in the largest classification & # 27 in the nation. Aledo was a 5A div2 team. Concord De La Salle was # 1 in CA and lost to an unranked TX team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2017, 08:27 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
4,160 posts, read 4,743,587 times
Reputation: 4861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout0417 View Post
Your assessment of Texas and California High School football is wrong. Bishop Amat was the # 5 ranked team in CA that year in the largest classification & # 27 in the nation. Aledo was a 5A div2 team. Concord De La Salle was # 1 in CA and lost to an unranked TX team.
According to the link, the number 5 team in CA beat the number 8 team in TX 42-7. Seems pretty comparable. You can't judge a whole state by a game here or a game there, even in Trinity's win. Again my only point is that CA football should obviously be part of the conversation. Let it go.

Last edited by thenewtexan; 04-14-2017 at 08:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2017, 08:41 PM
 
226 posts, read 207,988 times
Reputation: 178
Aledo was in 2014 a small public 5A high school competing with a large private high school. CA & TX both have great teams and players. I just wanted to point out that particular game was a bad example. When Concord DeLaSalle played Euless Trinity they where similar in size and the result was a win for TX public high school football vs. CA private schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2017, 08:51 PM
 
226 posts, read 207,988 times
Reputation: 178
Let it go. Ditto
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top