U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 01:24 PM

29,927 posts, read 27,365,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
I think that Charlotte is going to be best bet for being centrally located to the entire region. Your biggest challenge with Charlotte (and Atlanta for that matter) is traveling to the southern half of Florida. Columbia, SC might work as well but it's a smaller city with a smaller airport.
Atlanta is definitely more centrally located to the region than Charlotte, but Charlotte's not too far out of the way. If you look at the attached map, it's pretty easy to see that the geographic center of this region is in Georgia, somewhat close to Augusta actually. That would be my choice if it were a bigger city with a bigger, busier airport (and a north-south interstate).
Attached Thumbnails
Best family city for working southeast territory?-southeastusmap.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 10:37 PM

5 posts, read 1,972 times
After looking at the flights going out of the various airports in this region, I see that I almost have to choose a suburb of either Charlotte or Atlanta. I didn't realize the smaller airports have no direct flights connecting each other, they only connect through ATL or CLT. So that narrows the field, in fact I'll need to choose a suburb of one of those two cities that puts me less than 50 miles' drive from ATL or CLT. Still interested in schools, big yard in a neighborhood but bonus if the area is wooded or somewhat hilly. (More fun for yard projects that way.)

Old 04-10-2017, 04:16 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,197,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyleary View Post
After looking at the flights going out of the various airports in this region, I see that I almost have to choose a suburb of either Charlotte or Atlanta. I didn't realize the smaller airports have no direct flights connecting each other, they only connect through ATL or CLT. So that narrows the field, in fact I'll need to choose a suburb of one of those two cities that puts me less than 50 miles' drive from ATL or CLT. Still interested in schools, big yard in a neighborhood but bonus if the area is wooded or somewhat hilly. (More fun for yard projects that way.)
What is your budget? Are you looking for diversity, access to transit? In Atlanta, you could live near the MARTA train line (or far and drive to the train station) and take the train directly to the airport for $2.50 one way!

Conyers is growing like crazy and is East of Atlanta. If you are looking for great schools, then you will need to look into Forsyth, Fayette, Cobb, DeKalb, Fulton or Gwinnett Counties in metro Atlanta.

Fayette:
1. Fayetteville
2. Peachtree City (Peachtree City, GA - Official Website)

Cobb:
1. Marietta
2. East Cobb (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Cobb,_Georgia)
3. Kennesaw
4. Acworth
5. Austell

Fulton:
1. Alpharetta (Alpharetta, Georgia)
2. Milton
3. Roswell
4. Sandy Springs
5. Chattahoochee Hills (Chattahoochee Hills, Georgia or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chatta...Hills,_Georgia)

DeKalb:
1. Dunwoody
2. Decatur (City of Decatur, GA : Home)

Forsyth:
1. Cumming (City of Cumming - Located in Forsyth County, Georgia)

Gwinnett:
1. Suwanee (Welcome to Suwanee, Georgia)
2. Buford
3. Grayson
4. Duluth
5. Lawrenceville
6. Dacula

Some cheaper areas near (South) the airport to consider:
1. Coweta County (Sharpsburg) or (Senoia - Senoia, GA: Official website of the City of Senoia, Georgia) or (Newnan)

**I included links to areas that I think you will like without seeing your budget in the Atlanta area**

Old 04-11-2017, 10:44 PM

13,577 posts, read 22,029,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyleary View Post

I recommend Atlanta.

Based on your other criteria, I recommend the suburbs in Coweta County, Fayette County, and Henry County. These are south metro/southside suburbs offering a great quality of life and easier access to the airport.

Specifically:

In Coweta County--
1. The Northgate High Cluster
2. The East Coweta High Cluster
3. The Newnan High Cluster

In Henry County--
1. The Union Grove High Cluster
2. The Ola High Cluster
3. The Woodland High Cluster
4. The Locust Grove High Cluster

In Fayette County--
1. The Whitewater High Cluster
2. The McIntosh High Cluster
3. The Starr's Mill High Cluster
4. The Sandy Creek High Cluster
5. The Fayette County High Cluster
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or