U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 10:07 PM

6 posts, read 3,998 times

Advertisements

Hello!
I'm a young lesbian looking for a new city to move to. I'm from New York, so I'm looking for a place to move that's warmer. I'm looking for a place to move to with hot, fit femme/tom-boy lesbians. What cities have the hottest lesbians? Anyone have any idea where they're at? Thank you .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 10:55 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,400,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clinn15 View Post
Hello!
I'm a young lesbian looking for a new city to move to. I'm from New York, so I'm looking for a place to move that's warmer. I'm looking for a place to move to with hot, fit femme/tom-boy lesbians. What cities have the hottest lesbians? Anyone have any idea where they're at? Thank you .
You will probably want to consider other factors such as your budget, employment prospects, culture etc.

In terms of warm weather LGBT friendly cities with substantial lesbian populations...

Austin
Fort Lauderdale/Miami
Long Beach
West Hollywood/LA
San Diego
Houston

Old 04-07-2017, 03:29 PM

21,185 posts, read 30,343,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clinn15 View Post
Hello!
As a gay man who travels/has traveled a lot I have seen where in many cities you might think would have a diverse lesbian population more of a butch/tattooed/spiky haired/not very fit mainstream. Perhaps the more active outdoor culture in places like Miami, Ft Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Tampa and St Petersburg are more attractive to the type of person you're after, but would start down here for sure.

Old 04-07-2017, 07:54 PM

10,779 posts, read 9,411,925 times
Austin's crawling with them here. Never met so many lesbians as here in Austin. My son has a friend who has two lesbian moms, my ex-girlfriend had a 16 year old niece who was staying with her because she came out from AZ to "come out in Austin". So all her lesbian friends would hang out at the house. I learned a lot about the community that I would have never known.

What struck me as different than say the Bay Area was that the Bay Area seemed a gay man's hang out place (of all ages) and most lesbians were older (not sure about NYC) but Austin seems tailored to age 20 something lesbians. They are basically moving from around the country to come here because they hear about how tolerant it is.

They are not concentrated in any part of town though.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:24 PM
_OT

2,142 posts, read 1,518,376 times
Miami

Old 04-07-2017, 08:28 PM

6,054 posts, read 3,379,100 times
There's attractive people anywhere, and there's lesbians anywhere (though yea you'd wanna be somewhere with at least a substantial LGBT population too).

I hate when people ask questions like "where are there attractive people?" Not only is it a superficial and shallow question, but its not like anywhere has a monopoly on attractive people or some places are devoid of attractive people. I'd focus more on the actual city and what you want from a place to live. I'm from Miami which is stereotyped as being "full of beautiful people" I mean, I guess but a lot of those "beautiful people" are either dumb as rocks or shallow and stuck up, usually a mix of both. But you could find attractive lesbians anywhere. Any city with an LGBT presence will have an attractive lesbian.

Old 04-08-2017, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
There's attractive people anywhere, and there's lesbians anywhere (though yea you'd wanna be somewhere with at least a substantial LGBT population too).

I hate when people ask questions like "where are there attractive people?" Not only is it a superficial and shallow question, but its not like anywhere has a monopoly on attractive people or some places are devoid of attractive people. I'd focus more on the actual city and what you want from a place to live. I'm from Miami which is stereotyped as being "full of beautiful people" I mean, I guess but a lot of those "beautiful people" are either dumb as rocks or shallow and stuck up, usually a mix of both. But you could find attractive lesbians anywhere. Any city with an LGBT presence will have an attractive lesbian.
It's actually a somewhat valid question given the tendency of the LGBT community in many cities where a majority have a similar look, whether men or women. Don't ask how or why, since I don't have an answer...but there it is.

Old 04-08-2017, 10:24 PM

6,054 posts, read 3,379,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
It's actually a somewhat valid question given the tendency of the LGBT community in many cities where a majority have a similar look, whether men or women. Don't ask how or why, since I don't have an answer...but there it is.

I mean the only thing I can think of is either fashion or ethnicity, like if you're more attracted to Latina women Miami might have more options etc. but I don't really think there's much of a difference over all.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:34 AM

11,456 posts, read 6,571,690 times
Lesbianville, Kentucky

Old 04-09-2017, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
I mean the only thing I can think of is either fashion or ethnicity, like if you're more attracted to Latina women Miami might have more options etc. but I don't really think there's much of a difference over all.
It's deeper than that, like the varying sub-groups with gay men where you have the muscle/beefcake, twinks (effeminate and young), bears (burly and hairy), the artsy tatooed type...the list goes on. It's the same type of segmentation for lesbians where the opposites of differing groups rarely crossover. The lipstick/femme/glam types aren't found in many LGBT communities en masse as much as they are in South Florida and a few other places where typically the look is either much more "butch", are heavy with a bigger frame or pierced/tattooed in flannel and jeans. In other words the OP's topic is very much on point and speaks to the reality in many cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or