U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 04:05 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,265,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
And now you've managed to deride the South yet again, congratulations! Feel better do we?

Now you can sleep a little easier knowing you don't even have to see the dreaded Cracker Barrels in your precious and oh-so-enlightened D.C. Metro.
Actually, yes I am glad that Cracker Barrels are not prevalent in the DC Metro so you are correct. I moved here from SF last year and am also glad to see they dont exist there. Cracker Barrel has pretty crappy food and it's unhealthy, I prefer chains like Eatsa, &Pizza, Chop't, Baja Fresh and Pret.

Last edited by Ebck120; 04-17-2017 at 04:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 08:00 PM

5,286 posts, read 3,503,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
Actually, yes I am glad that Cracker Barrels are not prevalent in the DC Metro so you are correct. I moved here from SF last year and am also glad to see they dont exist there. Cracker Barrel has pretty crappy food and it's unhealthy, I prefer chains like Eatsa, &Pizza, Chop't, Baja Fresh and Pret.
Whatever makes you feel superior.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Whatever makes you feel superior.
I don't feel superior but I do prefer where I live for my personal taste. I'm glad we can choose to live where we want to and not be stuck somewhere we dislike. Not sure why your'e being so insecure. If you disliked any of my favorite cities I wouldn't really care.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:38 PM

24,974 posts, read 23,882,175 times
Quote:
They are more prevalent in the south and Midwest. You dont see them much in the northeast and west coasts. They don't even exist in the SF area for instance and in DC you have to go an hour outside of the city. There's a total of 7 in the Atlanta area with 4 in DC and 1 in NYC. There is definitely a preference both from consumers and companies based on specific regions/areas.
There's exactly one Cracker Barrel in CA. I'm surprised they are in NYC at all. There aren't any in Philly, but two in the area. Three in Massachusetts?

Old 04-17-2017, 10:53 PM

305 posts, read 238,123 times
Quote:
Go look at where cracker barrels are and overlay it with voting patterns. You are utterly wrong. Did you not even take a look at the link in the original post?
So what exactly was the point of your thread other than to laugh at people from the south that you look down on. You post a stupid thread, that makes absolutely not a shred of sense, and then people disagree with your hardly veiled stereotypes and you tell them they are wrong.

We get it, you seem to think that the only people that eat at the Cracker Barrel are dumb, red state hicks. Maybe next time you will be able to post something that ism't so utterly pointless or just save time by letting people know that you are (a) a liberal, (b) think you are better than people who live in the south and rural areas, and (c) you seem to think whole foods is some kind bastion of progressive freedom.

Seriously get lost.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc-lang View Post
So what exactly was the point of your thread other than to laugh at people from the south that you look down on. You post a stupid thread, that makes absolutely not a shred of sense, and then people disagree with your hardly veiled stereotypes and you tell them they are wrong.

We get it, you seem to think that the only people that eat at the Cracker Barrel are dumb, red state hicks. Maybe next time you will be able to post something that ism't so utterly pointless or just save time by letting people know that you are (a) a liberal, (b) think you are better than people who live in the south and rural areas, and (c) you seem to think whole foods is some kind bastion of progressive freedom.

Seriously get lost.
You have a choice to open a thread and then to continue reading it. There are numerous threads/comments that talk about topics I disagree with. Theres another thread going on where they mention wanting to punch a liberal in the face for buying an $8 cup of coffe and I could care less. Did I post a topic I found interesting? Yes. Do I align towards one or the other option given in the article? Yes. And what?

I told the one person he was wrong because according to him there are more cracker barrels in Hillary country which is a false statement based on the article attached and numerous other sources. His statement also basically attacks in the same manner you are accusing me of but I guess it sides in your favor so you can turn a blind eye. I'm lost with your accusations.

As for your assumptions (pot kettle what?) A. I'm a conservative Democrat B. Don't care because we all choose to live where we reside C. I don't shop at Whole Foods, it's overpriced. Thankfully there's more options nearby to get similar quality products at lower costs.

Last edited by Ebck120; 04-17-2017 at 11:41 PM..

Old 04-17-2017, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
There's exactly one Cracker Barrel in CA. I'm surprised they are in NYC at all. There aren't any in Philly, but two in the area. Three in Massachusetts?
The one I was mentioning in the NYC metro is in the middle of Jersey, so not technically in NYC.

Old 04-18-2017, 09:49 AM

5,286 posts, read 3,503,555 times
Quote:
I don't feel superior but I do prefer where I live for my personal taste. I'm glad we can choose to live where we want to and not be stuck somewhere we dislike. Not sure why your'e being so insecure. If you disliked any of my favorite cities I wouldn't really care.
Oh, I believe you do feel superior.

And I'm hardly insecure. I work remotely and could live anywhere, and I live in Atlanta by choice. I'm just sick of thinly-veiled swipes at the South, and Atlanta in particular when it comes to you.

I also don't define who I am by where I live...

Old 04-18-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Oh, I believe you do feel superior.

And I'm hardly insecure. I work remotely and could live anywhere, and I live in Atlanta by choice. I'm just sick of thinly-veiled swipes at the South, and Atlanta in particular when it comes to you.

I also don't define who I am by where I live...
Superior to other people? No. Superior in the sense I've worked to be able to live in a place I identify with and enjoy? Yes.

Thinly veiled swipes takes place on city-data in every thread everyday. How many negative comments do you see about Seattle and SF being ultra liberal from people on the right, how cities with less diversity are somehow inferior, or places like LA and NYC are ruined by illegals?.. people make comments about how sterile, uptight, and liberal DC is all the time! Come on now, your being overtly sensitive to this specific topic because it applies to you.

Old 04-18-2017, 11:59 AM
_OT

2,143 posts, read 1,518,376 times
Why would there be a Cracker Barrel on the West or East Coasts?

lol it's not even one the best Chains down South.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.