U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 08:10 PM

2,506 posts, read 2,265,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
He. This is the disabled vet. His wife was already on here wanting to know about buying an RV. they had sewage backed up in their own home but decried the surrounding neighborhood as 'disgusting'.
The logic is beyond me.....

Old 04-16-2017, 08:18 PM

13,408 posts, read 6,685,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
The logic is beyond me.....
There is no logic. They want the government to give them more. I can't remember if the wife is disabled. I don't think so. So there is just the one revenue stream of $700, food stamps, medicaid and I forget whether they have TANF. Probably.

All the freebies are why their bank accounts can't hold more than a small amount. But the freebies aren't enough. They have higher standards.

They are better than all the other horrible dead-beat poor people around them.

This Godforsaken ****hole of a country doesn't recognize that these poor people, who do nothing to improve their situation, are better than all the others like them. They deserve more for some reason.

There is no logic to be found......

Old 04-16-2017, 08:32 PM

19,828 posts, read 18,839,234 times
Quote:
There is no logic. They want the government to give them more. I can't remember if the wife is disabled. I don't think so. So there is just the one revenue stream of $700, food stamps, medicaid and I forget whether they have TANF. Probably.

All the freebies are why their bank accounts can't hold more than a small amount. But the freebies aren't enough. They have higher standards.

This Godforsaken ****hole of a country doesn't recognize that these poor people, who do nothing to improve their situation, are better than all the others like them. They deserve more for some reason.

Well, to be fair, I wouldn't want to live in the sort of place he describes either. And I wouldn't want to live in some disgusting place with sewerage backing up.

And there are limitations because he is disabled and also the catch that if you are receiving gov't help, you are not allowed to have savings.

BUT. I don't understand the idea of keeping FIVE kids at home instead of sending them to school. They should be in school like other kids. I bet the kids could get free breakfast and lunch at school too. It would give the parents a break and the wife could get a job. Or would her job put them over income? There are catches in the system that keep people down, I understand that. However, if the kids could go to school and the wife could earn some money, they could get ahead.

Five kids is a lot of kids. Most people don't have five kids--right there they are held back due to having so many kids. But if the kids are in school, the wife can work. I can't imagine five kids all too young to attend school. So, no, it doesn't make any sense. It just sounds too crazy to make sense.

Old 04-16-2017, 08:34 PM

69 posts, read 24,043 times
Quote:
True. No one rational expects to find that for that amount of money. But in Texas, anyway, one isn't limited to $500/month. One pays 1/3 of their income towards housing and sure there is a limit but not that low. And I know someone in Michigan with 3 kids on subsidized housing with a 3 bedroom house. So that is two states where you get more than what $500 can buy you.

I'm not even going to address this madness about public school.....
I know what the Section 8 voucher is. I have been on it several times, and abandoned it each time.

And what are the names of these two magical cities with nice Section 9 homes in the good part of town?

And how long are their waiting lists?

Old 04-16-2017, 08:37 PM

30,998 posts, read 13,571,153 times
There is no way you can feed a family of 7 on $700 a month let alone pay rent. Something isn't right here, are you not counting SNAP & TANF benefits in that $700? And what is it that prevents you from earning more money? Since you homeschool your kids that should leave one adult free to go get a job, right?

Old 04-16-2017, 08:39 PM

8,548 posts, read 5,371,964 times
Quote:
Section 8 vouchers can be used for mortgage payments, yes indeed.

2) I see now with the 5 kids you are that other poster's husband.

I mentioned my condo complex before I knew you had 5 kids. It's a nice place. Clean, quiet and safe. The section 8 voucher people who live here love it.

Yes, on $700 a month your wants are unreasonable. Completely and totally unreasonable. You want the government to pay for you to live but your standards are too high. You reject any idea to improve yourself much like the deadbeats you complain about so much.

I do know someone who in Michigan did get a 3 bedroom home on some sort of subsidized housing because she has 3 kids. So for 5 kids certainly you can.

If it's illegal to save money that is due to you relying on welfare programs. And I know that is tough but you abandoned the very best you can get - section 8 vouchers. Which CAN turn into mortgage payments!

CHFA - Section 8 Homeownership Voucher Program

Sometimes life cannot be how you want in the immediate and you have to gut it out until you can get something better. But you think everything is garbage, the only things worth having are unattainable, and you are willing to do nothing to make them attainable.
Good post.

Old 04-16-2017, 08:44 PM

5,417 posts, read 2,333,970 times
Quote:
I can't believe so many people are entertaining this person. They chose to have not 1 but 5 kids with no means of income and now expects to live at standards others have to work for via handouts. Please don't come to the DMV area. I only feel sorry for your kids.

Go live in the middle of the mountains like they do in life below zero and make your own means. Your Utopia exists 500 miles from the nearest neighbor. That seems to be your only option. Hide yourself from society including doctors.
Amen.

Old 04-16-2017, 08:48 PM

5,417 posts, read 2,333,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
There is no way you can feed a family of 7 on $700 a month let alone pay rent. Something isn't right here, are you not counting SNAP & TANF benefits in that $700? And what is it that prevents you from earning more money? Since you homeschool your kids that should leave one adult free to go get a job, right?
One would think so but who knows with this bizarre thread.

Bizarre = the wife was on here with many threads and endless advice & now it's the husband???? Hmmmm.

69 posts, read 24,043 times
Quote:
I can't believe so many people are entertaining this person. They chose to have not 1 but 5 kids with no means of income and now expects to live at standards others have to work for via handouts. Please don't come to the DMV area. I only feel sorry for your kids.

Go live in the middle of the mountains like they do in life below zero and make your own means. Your Utopia exists 500 miles from the nearest neighbor. That seems to be your only option. Hide yourself from society including doctors.

When did I once ask for a handout?

And I fail to see why anyone should have to work at all to live at the same standard of everyone else?

8,548 posts, read 5,371,964 times
Quote:

Amen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.