U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 04:16 PM

69 posts, read 24,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Not trying to be rude Op, but you do come across as a little too picky, demanding, and high expectations, and negativity for the situation you are in. I wish I had the answers for you, but you are in a tough situation, and I'm sure you are not the only person in this situation. Veterans affairs been helpful to me over the years, and especially lately. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them, but not everyone feel they are garbage. I know this is a hard thing to do, but try to be positive about things, the little things. No matter how bad you think you have it, somebody out there is a lot worst off than you. Do you believe in prayer?
Excuse me for wanting a safe place to raise my kids!

I did not realise people in the States were opposed to that now!

And I am quite positive about things. Just because I am describing a really bad experience being back in the States, does not mean I am positive.

If I was not positive, I would say "life is bad and there is nothing I can do about it!" like so many others. But I am looking for options to make like better!

Old 04-16-2017, 04:24 PM

12,842 posts, read 4,645,233 times
How do you only pay $12 a month now?

What is your budget if you say $100-$300 a month is too expensive?

Old 04-16-2017, 04:40 PM

Whoever posted this site, it is pretty good!

Still trying to figure out how we can do desert life, water, and so on.

But still good options. The idea of spending a few thousand to own our very own piece of dirt to call home?

God! It is so exciting! Little things like no water, food, or hospitals seems unimportant when faced with freedom and peace!

Land for sale, acreage for sale, lots for sale, farms for sale at LandWatch.com

Old 04-16-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
How do you only pay $12 a month now?

What is your budget if you say $100-$300 a month is too expensive?
We are in an income-based rental. Which explains why are neighbors are all criminal scumbags.

Our budget is preferable $0. That way we can use the most of our money to take care of the kids and have a bit of savings.

Old 04-16-2017, 04:48 PM

412 posts, read 306,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesperateHobo View Post
Nearly impossible to live there on $800 a month. Horrible place to live as a kid, and FAR from safe! There are terrorists, bandits, kidnap-for-ransom gangs, rape gangs, and so on. Not to mention the typhoons, pollution, industrial waste, traffic, and the like. Half white kids are highly discriminated against in the Philippines.

The Philippines is the most dangerous place in East Asia. That is why we came back. Thinking that life in America would be great, even if you are poor.
Did you live on Mindanao? Maybe you should've tried northern Luzon.

Anyway I recommend you get an income. Have your wife start working. You can't manage a couple of hours without a caretaker?

Old 04-16-2017, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayVanderbilt View Post
Did you live on Mindanao? Maybe you should've tried northern Luzon.

Anyway I recommend you get an income. Have your wife start working. You can't manage a couple of hours without a caretaker?
Central Luzon. Northern Luzon has no jobs, or government or rentals, or anything. Just jungles. And more typhoons!

People always say my wife should work. But it is not very sound advice. If she worked, we would have LESS money.

Transportation-$600
Day Care-$3,500

Salary-$800

Spousal Income deduction-$1,500

Not counting work clothes and lunch, and so on.

So basically, we would SPEND over $4,000 a month to have my Wife and kids gone all day!

Does not make sense really.

Old 04-16-2017, 05:24 PM

412 posts, read 306,161 times
Why do you need jobs in Northern Luzon if you don't work? I have been there on vacation, really nice.

Anyway, it seems like you actually don't want help but rather just want people to feel sorry for you. $3500 per month for day care? If you really can't afford to support your kids at home then maybe you should send them to school. Public schools are free for all I know.

Old 04-16-2017, 05:57 PM

8,553 posts, read 5,378,813 times
Quote:
Excuse me for wanting a safe place to raise my kids!

I did not realise people in the States were opposed to that now
!

And I am quite positive about things. Just because I am describing a really bad experience being back in the States, does not mean I am positive.

If I was not positive, I would say "life is bad and there is nothing I can do about it!" like so many others. But I am looking for options to make like better!
That sure wasn't in my thoughts at all op, of course everybody wants a safe place to live. But, with your income and the standards you seek, and the other things you don't like about various places, like this place is boring and this place is that. You wont be able to have everything your way with hardly any money. You will probably have to bend a little on some things. I'm not saying that place don't exist anywhere, but it sure as heck wont be easy to find. You been around the world and haven't find it yet. there is no utopia out there, and even bad things can happen in safe places.

Old 04-16-2017, 06:01 PM

12,842 posts, read 4,645,233 times
Quote:
We are in an income-based rental. Which explains why are neighbors are all criminal scumbags.

Our budget is preferable $0. That way we can use the most of our money to take care of the kids and have a bit of savings.
Check out income-based rentals in very low crime smaller cities like Wausau, WI, Fond du Lac, WI and Lebanon, NH. Boise in Idaho and Ames in Iowa could also work.

Last edited by PCALMike; 04-16-2017 at 06:20 PM..

Old 04-16-2017, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayVanderbilt View Post
Why do you need jobs in Northern Luzon if you don't work? I have been there on vacation, really nice.

Anyway, it seems like you actually don't want help but rather just want people to feel sorry for you. $3500 per month for day care? If you really can't afford to support your kids at home then maybe you should send them to school. Public schools are free for all I know.
I had to work in the Philippines, as $700 a month does not go as far there as it does in America.

I just want ideas, as I said.

Public school does cost money. Nothing is free. But my kids are not of school age. And sending them to school so mom can work at McDonald's for $5 an hour goes against everything we believe in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.