U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2017, 09:37 PM

1 posts, read 753 times

Advertisements

My family is currently residing in Los Angeles. We have saved some money for a downpayment of our first house, but as we were looking at the housing market in LA, you cannot buy a 3 bedroom single family house for less than $500,000. We considered looking for places outside LA, with better schools, but still, the price of a 3-4 bedroom house are still expensive.

My husband and I are considering moving to Washington state, since his brother lives in Vancouver, BC and we would be just hours away from family. We wanted to know what place in Washington is kid-friendly, and affordable house with land. My kids will be entering middle and high school next school year, and their welfare is of outmost importance. We are Filipinos, and here in LA, we easily blend in. I am not sure of Washington, as we have never been there. I was wondering which place is the best for us to move. I am also a registered nurse, and wanted t know if it's easy to find a job there as an RN. Thank you all in advance for your answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2017, 12:04 AM

4,484 posts, read 2,666,302 times
Yes, great state. But not cheap. Move here if you can live with less land, and ideally use transit. In the Seattle area I mean.

Old 04-15-2017, 12:13 AM

2,320 posts, read 1,207,541 times
You should post in the Washington forum, also a lot of people really like Vancouver, Washington (its south near the Oregon border) - its def more reasonable than LA and you guys should be fine there- its very family friendly...

Old 04-15-2017, 12:18 AM

18,088 posts, read 22,943,598 times
I grew up in CA, moved to WA and lived there for roughly 20 years. My name, No More Snow For Me, is based on living in WA.

You'll hate it. I don't expect you to feel any prejudice, but the weather is just God-Awful. We had a saying "We have 9 months of winter and 3 months of bad sledding." It's really bad.

Old 04-15-2017, 12:59 AM

4,484 posts, read 2,666,302 times
Seattle has about one light dusting of snow per year. More in the hills of course. Winter is about the last term I'd use. Six months when it's drizzling 1/4 of the time maybe, and six months when it's some of the best weather anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or