U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 03:41 PM
Status: "Be yourself. What's the alternative?" (set 19 days ago)

8,692 posts, read 10,839,690 times

Advertisements

I like cities so I don't care much about living in a natural setting. I grew up in a smaller city, but it was still a real city. We had access to a lot, but we had nature close by, a short trip to the country or river, etc. I guess that's been my ideal, having both at some level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 07:58 PM

1,565 posts, read 746,041 times
The natural setting of my surroundings is important to me, and as one who appreciates trees and water, Atlanta delivers very well. Visiting arid places out west is interesting and enjoyable for short durations, but coming back to the lush green vegetation of the South is a pleasure.

Many of the most spectacular settings in this country, however, are in locations that are not so practical for everyday living for most people. They often have few jobs, a high cost of living, or both. Atlanta and similar cities in the Southeast Piedmont are not generally spectacular, but they are visually appealing with significant outdoor opportunities and decent enough weather to enjoy these the majority of the year. I would concur with other posts that many western cities such as Denver are often not quite as attractive on a micro level, due to the more arid environment.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:46 PM

5,427 posts, read 2,825,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbeliever View Post
I'm proud to not be an outdoors type. I'm a born and bred New Yorker in exile, so I don't care if I'm driving past the 14000 foot mountains out here or across the flat dreariness of the neighboring states. You've seen one mountain, you've seen em all.
Good. If everybody were outdoorsy, the trails would be more crowded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or