U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 09:44 PM

795 posts, read 965,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
Cleveland has tons of Eastern European Restaurants. For Example, my favorite Polish place!!! Sokolowski's: If you ever come to Cleveland, you gotta eat here!!

YouTube - ‪Bourdain no rez Cleveland Sokolowski's‬‏

Cleveland has other good Hungarian, Ukrainian, Italian, Cambodian, Vietnamese, Thai, Chinese, Puerto Rican, Soul Food, Kosher.

Ethnic areas include Little Italy, Asiatown, Slavic Village, Ukrainian Village, and the near westside Puerto Rican, far eastside heavily Jewish.
YUMMMM...Sokolowski's ...

I also love Cleveland's Little Italy. I agree with Mario Batali: Corbo's Bakery has the BEST cassata cake I've ever had in America: 10 great places to discover Italy in America - USATODAY.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 02:41 PM

92 posts, read 117,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
NYC has one type of ethnic restaurant I've never run into anywhere else and always sort of amazes out-of-towners when they see them: the Chinese-Spanish restaurants.
I did notice that when living in NYC, a good selection of Cuban-Chinese cuisine. You can find them pretty easily in South Florida and Tampa as well though. My personal favorite being Arco-Iris in Tampa.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:10 PM

92 posts, read 117,543 times
In Boston if you name a type of Ethnic food, we should probably have at least 1 or 2 good places to fill your need. I'm finding that in most major US cities now you can find that is the case. With that being said though, the areas were Boston excels are (and a link to my personal favorite places):

Brazilian (Muqueca Restaurant)
Cambodian (Floating Rock | Cambodian Restaurant | Cambodian Food | Cambridge, MA)
Nepali (Kathmandu Spice)
Haitian (Highland Creole Cuisine - Somerville, MA)
Taiwanese (http://www.yelp.com/biz/taiwan-cafe-boston)
Cantonese (Peach Farm - Chinatown - Boston, MA)
Azorean (The Snack Bar and O Senhor Ramos - On The Cheap)
Portuguese (Restaurant Casa Portugal)
Vietnamese (http://www.yelp.com/biz/xinh-xinh-boston)
Italian (Prezza - Fine Dining)
Armenian (Home | Sevan Bakery)
Turkish (Istanbul'lu Delicious Food, Great Sevice & Atmosphere)
Jamaican (Flames Caribbean Food)
Cape Verdean (Restaurante Cesaria - Dorchester - Dorchester, MA)
Israeli/Jewish (Rami's-kosher corporate catering in boston)
Dominican (La Fe Restaurant | Lynn Happens)
Salvadoran (Montecristo Restaurant - Somerville, MA)

Of course you can cover basically every other type of food, but the above are what I consider very strong foods in the Boston area and that means having more than just a few options around town. I can personally attest to the strength of the Jamaican food being Jamaican myself and Turkish because of living in Istanbul last year (Boston area has the best Turkish I have tasted outside of Istanbul)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.