U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 10:01 PM

6 posts, read 4,078 times

Advertisements

Everyone is going to be biased so just let it out.

1. St. Louis=STL style pizza, very unique and actually different from other styles of pizza. Lion's Choice is only found in StL area and is the greatest fast food roast beef. Anheuser Busch is from St. Louis along with Panera bread (called St. Louis Bread Co.) The Hill is an Italian enclave of top notch restaurants and also the place responsible for the creation of toasted ravioli. Countless microbreweries throughout the city and suburbs that are consistently fantastic. All of the best fast food chains such as Chick Fil A and Steak n Shake and not that useless glorified Californian McDonald's that is In n Out. Gooey Butter Cake is a little slice of diabetes inducing heaven also originating from this unapologetically food obsessed town. BBQ that is just as good as any found elsewhere, although admittedly similar to KC's fantastic style with the exception of pork steak. And its world's fair saw the invention of cotton candy and waffle cones. Yet another place is Oberweis, a gourmet milk shop that will bring you to orgasm. The list goes on well past the amount anyone would willingly read, so I'll stop here. Just know that if STL lacks in things to do, it makes up for it tenfold through its restaurants.

Honorable Mentions:
Philadelphia/South Jersey
Baltimore
New Orleans
Chicago - Except deep dish can go to hell, ill order soup if i want soup
Miami

Final note: I think In n Out is trash based on my multiple experiences with them. The first time I went I had an uninspiring McDonald's quality burger with velveeta cheese on it and fries that could be considered an average batch at Mickey D's. This was in Phoenix. Second time was in Los Angeles and I tried the same thing because I felt I may have simply gotten a bad burger. I was wrong. A third time I am with a friend from SF in Salt Lake City and he makes me reluctantly pull out of the heavenly institution of chickfila to go to an over crowded InNOut. As I order the same thing as my other visits because there is only 4 things on the ****ing menu, my friend gets some bull**** burger that I hadnt seen listed anywhere. He laughs at my **** burger and tells me how theres a secret menu that all the westerners know about. **** your secret menu, give me a good ****ing burger you jackasses. What type of **** restaauraant has four things listed and neglects to mention that actual good **** is somewhere else. ****ing bull**** never going again. Five Guys, Smashburger, and Steak n Shake are all DRAMATICALLY better, and Steak n Shake is cheaper. Stay away from the rest of the country In n Out. Meanwhile there are some good things going on by the East Coast-Shake Shack and Burger Fi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2017, 11:22 PM

2,783 posts, read 1,628,289 times
Austin, New Orleans, Baltimore, NYC, and Chicago would be my top 5. NO particular order.

Old 04-29-2017, 01:06 AM

1,987 posts, read 1,235,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Austin, New Orleans, Baltimore, NYC, and Chicago would be my top 5. NO particular order.
Oh yes, Austin should be #1. Absolutely amazing food, perhaps the best on planet earth. Believe me, it's bigly. Screw Houston, NYC, and Chicago. Their food sucks! Our food trucks are the best of the best.

Old 04-29-2017, 01:39 AM

3,215 posts, read 1,543,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashmoneysamuels View Post
Everyone is going to be biased so just let it out.

Chicago - Except deep dish can go to hell, ill order soup if i want soup.
When you say PIZZA PIE...... you mean Deep Dish. But just as St Louis. Most Chicago Pizza is Thin n Crispy cut into small squares, party-style. By far, most common there. Basically the Midwest-style with city variations mixed in.

Old 04-29-2017, 01:47 AM
_OT

2,142 posts, read 1,518,376 times
New Orleans

Old 04-29-2017, 01:55 AM

1,826 posts, read 1,249,305 times
I understand the hip or weird aspect, but what makes people think Austin has good food? Especially anything outside of BBQ and Tex Mex. I went with a group of friends a few years ago and we were EXTREMELY disappointed by the East Asian cuisine.

Old 04-29-2017, 05:12 AM

3,506 posts, read 3,957,821 times
The way this topic was introduced was wide open, leaving room for all kinds of equally far ranging responses. The resulting discourse should prove most interesting and enjoyable.

Old 04-29-2017, 07:02 AM

21,185 posts, read 30,343,833 times
I think if considering size/density relative to much larger cities, Asheville is arguably in the mix. For a city of 80K the scope of restaurants and quality is phenomenal. I would stack it up against many of the larger cities in the country.

Old 04-29-2017, 07:12 AM

12,050 posts, read 11,142,366 times
This thread needs a poll. There are may great food cities in the US, but for me, whichever one is king is going to be below the Mason Dixon. I love to have some south in my mouth.

Old 04-29-2017, 07:24 AM

12,193 posts, read 10,409,482 times
NYC, LA, Chicago, New Orleans, SF Bay Area in that order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or