U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 07:14 AM

5,452 posts, read 2,294,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
Unless it is truly a perfect scenario where the COL is very low.
There is no such thing. If it's perfect, people want to live there. When lots of people want to live somewhere, the cost of real estate goes up, which then affects everything else from taxes to costs of services, you name it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2017, 07:47 AM

2,808 posts, read 1,299,023 times
For me, Boise, ID is pretty perfect. Hopefully I can move home one day.

Old 05-02-2017, 07:57 AM

1,559 posts, read 1,416,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
There is no such thing. If it's perfect, people want to live there. When lots of people want to live somewhere, the cost of real estate goes up, which then affects everything else from taxes to costs of services, you name it.
Yes, I realize that. What I was driving at is IF there is a perfect place, everything about it is perfect. That would include a suspension of our current reality. So that would include a low COL, manageable traffic, little to no crime, great weather, plentiful jobs, etc. A utopia if you will.

No need to take this question or thread too seriously.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:06 AM

786 posts, read 369,022 times
Yes, we moved here in November and Star Valley, Wyoming is our perfect place. Rural area with a very small population. No traffic. Phenomenal schools for our kiss. Friendly helpful neighbors and strangers alike. Amazing summers, snow in the winters. Surrounded by three national forests. Very little crime, we can leave our doors unlocked without worry, kids can play in the neighborhood unsupervised without worry. Beautiful scenery. Town closes down on Sunday which makes no excuses to not spend time with your family that day.

It checks every box on my perfect place list except for it's very limited on food options which I suppose comes with being a tiny rural area, but I do miss the variety of food California had.

Things might change as I get older but for now this place is paradise to my husband and me.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:20 AM

4,214 posts, read 2,503,558 times
I haven't found my happy place yet. A place where the pros far outweigh the cons (no place is perfect).

I know one thing for certain, it's not here. I hate living in Upper Michigan. I can't wait to move. Fingers crossed we'll be on the move within the next 12 months.

Old 05-02-2017, 09:18 AM

4,345 posts, read 7,420,095 times
The problem with this is that if you find a place with what you consider perfect qualities, then chances are, tons of other people have found it too and it is a congested mess. For someone like me who hates crowds, long lines, and traffic congestion, the perfect place becomes imperfect because of those undesirable things.

The closest thing to perfect for me is being close to family somewhere without huge crowds, long lines, and heavy traffic. While I don't enjoy the months of January, February, and March where I live, it is otherwise just about as perfect for me as I could hope to find, and once Hubby and I retire and can be snowbirds somewhere warmer for those three winter months, I guess we will have found our perfectly perfect place for sure!

Old 05-02-2017, 09:33 AM

13,236 posts, read 24,412,267 times
Perfection is subjective.

And yes, I've found mine, but I cannot be there permanently yet, if ever (professional reasons); and if I could do life over again, knowing what I know now, I would have gone straight there upon adulthood and lived out the rest of my days there.

For now, I get to settle for visits every 1-2 years.

Old 05-02-2017, 12:40 PM

21,699 posts, read 23,655,251 times
I think the question should be, "Have you found the perfect place for you."

The perfect place is one that satisfies as many needs for an individual as possible. That doesn't mean it will be perfect for someone else.

So having said that, I found the perfect place for me because it works for me.

Old 05-02-2017, 05:29 PM

594 posts, read 486,382 times
A resounding yes !!!
Phoenix, AZ.
The absolute perfect place for me.....on this planet.
I am definitely looking forward to my home in glory, but for now.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:42 PM

17,662 posts, read 4,062,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexxxcblac View Post
A resounding yes !!!
Phoenix, AZ.
The absolute perfect place for me.....on this planet.
I am definitely looking forward to my home in glory, but for now.
I like Phoenix a lot too.Glad you love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or