U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 03:27 PM

21,185 posts, read 30,343,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enean View Post
I've been to many, many smaller cities, who offer gluten-free dining. Obviously, any larger city would have more to offer, but that goes without saying. Just because a city doesn't have the label of "progressive", doesn't mean it won't have this option.
No, but the OP was asking for cities with the most options...not any options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 03:37 PM

2,727 posts, read 5,146,110 times
I don't think a city has to be "progressive" to have grocers or restaurants with gluten free options. I've been to small towns and have seen gluten free products on store shelves.

More and more people are being diagnosed with Celiac disease https://celiac.org/celiac-disease/un...eliac-disease/ and need to have access to gluten free food no matter what size their city is or how hip their city may be.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:38 PM

18,081 posts, read 22,914,959 times
This video is hilarious. Jimmy Kimmel Show asking people on the street if they eat gluten, and then asking if they know what it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdJFE1sp4Fw

Just don't eat wheat. Gluten is only in wheat.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:41 PM

686 posts, read 399,607 times
I've never tasted or eaten any city, so I don't know which are gluten free.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:43 PM

21,699 posts, read 23,651,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
This video is hilarious. Jimmy Kimmel Show asking people on the street if they eat gluten, and then asking if they know what it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdJFE1sp4Fw

Just don't eat wheat. Gluten is only in wheat.
Not hardly. This isn't even a complete list.

https://celiac.org/live-gluten-free/...ces-of-gluten/

Old 05-04-2017, 09:20 PM

18,081 posts, read 22,914,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Not hardly. This isn't even a complete list.

https://celiac.org/live-gluten-free/...ces-of-gluten/
So, just don't eat what's on the list.

Whatever you don't want to eat, you can find those options wherever you live.

I am just curious what the OP expects in a gluten-free friendly city? Even in my po-dunk tiny town in the middle of nowhere, there is a health food store with paleo wraps, for instance.

So, just don't buy anything with wheat or corn or whatever. Seriously, this is just so silly.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:24 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,011,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
So, just don't eat what's on the list.

Whatever you don't want to eat, you can find those options wherever you live.

I am just curious what the OP expects in a gluten-free friendly city? Even in my po-dunk tiny town in the middle of nowhere, there is a health food store with paleo wraps, for instance.

So, just don't buy anything with wheat or corn or whatever. Seriously, this is just so silly.
LOL, you said it better than I did. THIS is what I meant to say!

Old 05-05-2017, 09:43 AM

221 posts, read 152,142 times
Hey thanks for broad respond positive and negative.Unfortunately my gluten free living is medical never heard about gluten before really lol . Since i stop eat my well being improve.gluten free diet is more complex like wheat and corn many times lactose intolerance is associate with it ,like in my case.topic is simple which city town got biggest gluten free food scene. If you travel believe me guys gluten free diet is annoying.yeah i got local health food store overpriced as usuall. Thanks to local shoprite with small gluten free section.yeah i can see why more progressive cities got it more options like that , educated more aware people. I live in pa and state nj next to me got plenty gluten free options.

Old 05-05-2017, 02:04 PM

1,558 posts, read 743,963 times
Just to clarify a few posts in this thread - there are reasons some may want to avoid corn, but it does not contain gluten. There are plenty of gluten-free food options virtually everywhere, but in some small communities the choices when dining out can be limited. Most items on the periphery of grocery stores are naturally gluten free, and are the best source for most of our caloric intake.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:00 AM

46 posts, read 24,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enean View Post
It's interesting, that some people want to be gluten-free, when it's not necessary. Not addressing you, boney89, as I don't know your circumstances, but I've worked in the health field, and eating gluten-free has become somewhat of a "fad." There have been many studies done, and for the most part, there are no health benefits for those who choose to eat this way, as opposed to those that should eat this way. Here's an interesting article...one of many, many that can be found on the Internet.

5 things you didn
Thank you. People have been eating gluten since the beginning of time without any negative effects. The people who have real problems with gluten are those with celiac disease, and that is very rare.

When you are with a normal person who demands to eat gluten-free food, realize that you are dealing with an idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or