Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 03:22 PM

93,292 posts, read 123,941,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgecostanza1472 View Post
SF has Lake Tahoe, which is often regarded as the best ski destination in the world.

Napa, America's top wine country

Pebble Beach, the world's top golf destination

Yosemite, the world mecca of rock-climbing

Death Valley, the hottest place in the world, fwiw

Big Sur, Mt Tamalpais, Mt Diablo, Hills around Silicon Valley, Stinson Beach, Mendocino, Humboldt, Redwood Forest, Sequiao National Park.

That's unbeatable.
Death Valley is quite a trip from SF(over 8 hours).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 04:41 PM

822 posts, read 857,351 times
what does SF have to do with the original question?

Old 05-08-2017, 06:10 PM

14,020 posts, read 15,018,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalentedDrinker View Post
Philadelphia rivals both, yet isn't included. Probably because the OP doesn't think it does.
The only mountains in the east that rival those in New Hampshire are in North Carolina. I personally prefer the New England shore to the rest of the east coast but again there are arguments that are valid for the more southerly beaches.

Its also telling that New Yorkers/Jersians go to Maine, New Hampshire and Cape Cod while people from the Boston area really don't go to the Catskills, Poconos or Jersey Shore

Old 05-08-2017, 07:33 PM

84 posts, read 112,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpsharky View Post
what does SF have to do with the original question?
Just that I had said at the bottom "though neither of them can beat San Francisco."

Old 05-08-2017, 07:34 PM

84 posts, read 112,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Death Valley is quite a trip from SF(over 8 hours).

You're right, I thought it was more like 5 for some reason

Old 05-08-2017, 09:03 PM

149 posts, read 153,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
The only mountains in the east that rival those in New Hampshire are in North Carolina. I personally prefer the New England shore to the rest of the east coast but again there are arguments that are valid for the more southerly beaches.

Its also telling that New Yorkers/Jersians go to Maine, New Hampshire and Cape Cod while people from the Boston area really don't go to the Catskills, Poconos or Jersey Shore

Is this a joke?

You ever heard of the Adirondacks? They're larger than anything on the East Coast. You can fit New Hampshire in the Adirondacks.

Honestly, it's so annoying how underrated they are on here. It almost pisses me off how oblivious people are.

New Yorkers and Jerseyans go to the Catskills and Adirondacks. I would know. I rent my cabin to them constantly.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:13 PM

Per Wikipedia:

Adirondack Park is 9,375 sq mi.

New Hampshire is 9,349 sq mi.

This obviously doesn't even include the Catskills.

Last edited by TalentedDrinker; 05-08-2017 at 09:27 PM..

Old 05-08-2017, 09:26 PM

As if New Yorkers and Jerseyans actually skip both the Catskills and Adirondacks which rival and surpass in size anything in New Hampshire, especially considering they're hours closer.

You cannot possibly be this ignorant, but you're from Boston so this is expected. Head couldn't be any larger.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:04 PM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
Even Cape May is not that far. Its like a 3 hour drive from NYC.

As someone else mentioned, most of the areas south of Boston, and even Vermont, are also accessible from NYC.

Imo Philly beats both, since its much more centrally located in the Boswash, but I'd say NYC > Boston here, just because its closer to Philly, so slightly more centrally located than Boston.
Same. Of the two choices given, I favor New York, but I'd choose Philly.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:47 PM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgecostanza1472 View Post
What roadtrips from philly are you thinking of?
I'm thinking New York City, all of New Jersey, Delaware, DC and Northern Virginia, Maryland, the Brandywine Valley, Amish country, as far west as Gettysburg, and as far North as the Poconos.

We're talking about weekend trips, not a regional vacation. I don't want to spend too much time driving if I've only got two days. Three days, I go a bit further.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.