U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 08:51 AM

480 posts, read 799,846 times

Advertisements

I would try Austin, Texas...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 01:17 PM

708 posts, read 2,410,554 times
Austin sounds good. Siouxsie and the Banshees FTW. x)

Old 03-09-2008, 02:47 PM

26 posts, read 138,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lndigo View Post
Austin sounds good. Siouxsie and the Banshees FTW. x)
Lol, old school goth band. I'm more into the metal/goth scene which really is a bit different than the original goth type scene of the 80's and such. Old school goth music is a bit too slow melodic/ambient for my tastes, I prefer faster more angry/angst music more like NIN, VAC, older Korn, older Marilyn Manson, Jack Off Jill, Otep, Slipknot, Tool, Cradle of Filth, Kovenant, Marduk, Emperor, Gorgoroth, Immortal, (I really should check out some of the newer black metal bands) Mortician, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, Hecate Enthroned, Behemoth, Incantation, Catholicon, others I can't remember etc.

Last edited by AzraelDarkangel; 03-09-2008 at 03:00 PM..

Old 03-09-2008, 11:05 PM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,595,692 times
Dude Mortician rules lol i've been listening to them for years! While i dont like most of the bands you listed at the begginning, A lot i do like Gorgoroth, behemoth, etc. If you haven't yet, you should check out the band "Deathstars". They rock! Watch the video for their song Cyanide. In my opinion, the best goth style band out there with their signiture gothglam style lol. check em out!

Old 03-10-2008, 08:32 AM

8,193 posts, read 22,331,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The A-Team View Post
Excellent another Diecide fan!!!
Whew, I thought I was the only one on here who likes this stuff.

As to the OP, I'd suggest;

Eugene, OR.
Duluth, MN.
Mankato, MN.
Fargo, ND.
Minot, ND.
Lawrence, KS.
Portland, ME.
Burlington, VT.
Amherst, MA.
Ashville, NC.
Spokane, WA.
Madison, WI.
Austin, TX.

That's all that comes to mind at the moment.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:36 AM

8,193 posts, read 22,331,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzraelDarkangel View Post
Can I have a pet emo girl on a leash? They need a muzzle though, pretty to look at but very annoying. On second thought they would make a mess on the carpet cutting themselves all the time.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. People aren't pets. I remember the (g)olding days of emo before it became totally cheese-ball.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:50 AM

1,362 posts, read 3,233,254 times
I would recommend Boulder, Colorado. The only things on your list Boulder doesn't hit on the nail is the cold winter thing (it does get cold and there is snow) and the relatively high cost of living. Otherwise, it's predominantly white, has a population around 100,000 and is extremely liberal.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:57 AM

1,194 posts, read 3,524,750 times
Don't come to Austin....Boulder, Colorado is where you want to go.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by car957 View Post
Don't come to Austin....Boulder, Colorado is where you want to go.
I know about Boulder having alot of young liberal single people, I never thought of it having alot of alternative types except for hippies and ravers. I only get 19 hits on Vampirefreaks, which I get more hits here in Pocatello which is almost half the size and way more conservative. The main issue though about Boulder is the cost of living which is high almost anywhere in Colorado. I've been to Denver btw, Boulder would be my first choice for that state. I'm poor though which is why Eugene is my first choice over Portland and Seattle.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Whew, I thought I was the only one on here who likes this stuff.

As to the OP, I'd suggest;

Eugene, OR. - My first choice right now.
Duluth, MN.
Mankato, MN.
Fargo, ND.
Minot, ND.
Lawrence, KS. - never looked into these
Portland, ME. - Really? Maine? never thought about it, too cold though.
Burlington, VT. - I thought about here and Brattleboro after I heard about legal nudity, wish it was warmer.
Amherst, MA. - cold New England winters
Ashville, NC. - Thought about it
Spokane, WA. - Thought about it
Madison, WI. - cold
Austin, TX. - Warm, but would be better if it wasn't in Texas

That's all that comes to mind at the moment.
I noticed in a money magazine article that my hometown of Bloomington, IN has the largest ratio of singles for any town of it's size and bigger, no wonder there is an endless supply of girls to hook up with. I never used online personals till I moved away. I could just hang out downtown in the summer and meet lots of alternative girls. I need a town like that, just bigger with more to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or