U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2017, 07:13 AM

1,145 posts, read 1,471,932 times

Advertisements

I agree with 90% that California is the best state. Best avocados, best walnuts, best Silicon. best golden gate.

And even Elvis Presley said "California" and he is the King.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2017, 09:01 AM

1,785 posts, read 453,082 times
It really is the best state, and unfortunately a negative side-effect that comes with that is high housing costs and overcrowding.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:12 AM

12,351 posts, read 7,501,291 times
It varies depending upon the goals of each individual, but I'd have to say that for a young person seeking upward mobility and fast advancement, California is one of the worst choices, with New York and Massachusetts not much better, Your'e at he end of a long waiting line, with a lot of politicking and influence-peddling to negotiate.

Iy you're serious about bettering yourself, any reasonably fast-growing city will do, but those in "red" states favoring an open economy will hold a bigger advantage,

Old 06-06-2017, 12:25 AM

5,448 posts, read 3,292,866 times
Best, in terms of natural scenery? Of course.

California is a great state to live but there are too many stupid people running it.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:34 AM

5,448 posts, read 3,292,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
I get your point.

Although, I will say that I live in Orange County and it is in transition, albeit slowly, from red to blue. South Orange County will probably be red for another generation, but parts of north and central Orange County are on the precipice of being blue; Santa Ana has already gone blue.

I have lived in San Diego County, a county with similar political tendencies overall with Orange County (although it voted at a higher percentage for Hillary than OC), and didn't care for it at all--and I was decidedly conservative Carlsbad. I do think inland north SD County and east SD County will remain conservative for another generation, but coastal north SD County and the City of SD (even though it has a Republican mayor at the moment) have already gone blue.
It's because of the mass influx of illegals that migrated into the state, and the governor turning those areas into a sanctuary place.

Old 06-06-2017, 04:40 AM

11,456 posts, read 6,571,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
It's because of the mass influx of illegals that migrated into the state, and the governor turning those areas into a sanctuary place.
That's a ridiculous assumption

Old 06-06-2017, 09:37 AM

406 posts, read 287,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
That's a ridiculous assumption
It's not an assumption, it's whats happening. And it's pretty twisted that people support a state's government system putting the lives of undocumented immigrants who contribute nothing to the state, over those that live there and pour out half their wallets to the state. Again a different discussion. It's a beautiful state with SOME great people and cities, but for me the COL and over the top liberalism and disgusting amount of illegal immigrants ruins it.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:47 AM

124 posts, read 97,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Best, in terms of natural scenery? Of course.

California is a great state to live but there are too many stupid people running it.
Not even Natural Scenery, Oregon and Washington are a million times more beautiful and aren't nearly as polluted. Really, Alaska is the king in terms of pristine natural beauty.

California doesn't really have the best of anything.

Old 06-06-2017, 02:26 PM

13,403 posts, read 21,185,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tman7117 View Post
It's not an assumption, it's whats happening. And it's pretty twisted that people support a state's government system putting the lives of undocumented immigrants who contribute nothing to the state, over those that live there and pour out half their wallets to the state. Again a different discussion. It's a beautiful state with SOME great people and cities, but for me the COL and over the top liberalism and disgusting amount of illegal immigrants ruins it.
Ok, time out.

Illegal immigrants do nothing for the state? Why do you think all your stuff is so cheap? Its because illegal immigrants pick your fruit, build your houses, cook your food, and repair your roads. Those people bust their rear ends. To say they contribute nothing is pure ignorance.

Old 06-06-2017, 04:26 PM

571 posts, read 567,625 times
It's easy to bash California with the way this question was worded. But let's be honest, if California is not considered the greatest American state, then what is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or