U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2017, 08:44 PM
sub

778 posts, read 405,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latino_esq View Post

I am independent and don't side either left or right. I can't say I've been overwhelmed with an "in your face liberal attitude" in CA. I can say that I experienced more "in your face conservative attitude" when I lived in Utah than I faced an "in your face liberal attitude" in CA.
Well Utah is an extreme example.
I've mostly lived in conservative states where there might a few loudmouths, but a lot of people go apolitical once the election is over. Certainly never saw folks physically out protesting everything Obama did when he was elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 09:33 PM

24,971 posts, read 23,882,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
Maryland. America in miniature, and you get everything one could get in California, with IMO better location.
I like the whole region. If everything from NY to NC were one state, it would be the best one.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:45 PM

6,795 posts, read 11,763,458 times
If you have unlimited money, then yes, it's the best place money can buy.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:25 AM

1,019 posts, read 1,111,397 times
as is Coolrado

If you have unlimited money, then yes, it's the best place money can buy.

Old 05-19-2017, 10:21 AM

298 posts, read 158,930 times
California would be near the bottom of the list of places to live in.
If money wasn't a major concern. California would be my 20-30th place choice.
At the top of the list: Wyoming, Colorado, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Florida and most of New England.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:11 PM

5,449 posts, read 2,292,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by California_Aspirer View Post
Taking into consideration the cost of living and general standard of life. If it is not, then which state/s would you consider better?
I'm not sure how you can separate cost/standard of living from the equation.

California used to be a much better state than it is now. Today, you have to choose between insane housing prices and overcrowding in the coastal cities, or bad economies in the interior. That's why the middle class in that state are taking it on the chin and leaving. A recent real estate survey found that the average schoolteacher in California can only afford 15% of the homes in the state. That's kind of a shocking percentage, one that shows how out-of-whack things have become. I mean, if I won the PowerBall, I'd move to Monterrey in a heartbeat. But most people just can't afford it.

Don't get me wrong. I'm out there twice a year on biz. Beautiful state with a lot going for it. But if you average things out, Washington, North Carolina, Oregon, and Colorado have more going for them in terms of future.

Old 05-19-2017, 01:08 PM

4,403 posts, read 4,604,762 times
California was the best state in most of the 20th Century but due to cost of living and other factors (overcrowded, taxes, etc) that is no longer true. The domestic migration patterns would agree with me.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:26 PM

15,504 posts, read 17,720,777 times
bryan85 from Georgia wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
It would be at the bottom of my list because of all the snowflakes, cry babies, illegals, and crazies out there.
I am confused. This describes both California and Georgia.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:43 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,413,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
bryan85 from Georgia wrote:

I am confused. This describes both California and Georgia.
Not hardly.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:53 AM

214 posts, read 224,759 times
I thought I would ask this in this thread as no point starting a new one. I am looking to vacation from UK to the USA at Xmas. What is the temperature like in California at Xmas? What was it like last Xmas? Also, if not California, where else would you recommend? I would like to visit a national park or more plus general sightseeing, and also celebrate Xmas with strangers lol possibly ha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or