U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 12:22 AM

6,094 posts, read 3,415,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Well, I grew up in the snowbelt of Upstate NY, and in the 18 years I lived there, I saw a whopping 150 feet of snow fall; that's why I moved somewhere where it NEVER snows. I've seen enough to last 3 lifetimes

Well not everyone has snowshock like you lol. One of the appeals of Colorado is the access to skiing and snowboarding. People who loathe snow, would not be open to moving there.

I'm the opposite, I grew up in the sun and showers belt of south Florida, and am moving to Minnesnowta. Minnesota does not get the snow upstate New York does, though. I love snow, but Upstate NY is overkill to me! I wanna be able to walk on the snow, not tunnel through it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 12:49 AM

6,094 posts, read 3,415,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
It is for me, I did my 18 years in snow country, and never want to see another flake again. But I reluctantly chose Ft Worth in this poll, wouldn't want to live in Texas either. Honestly, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Sacramento and the Bay Area are the only 4 metros I could live in in this country.
But its not for you to move to Denver or Fort Worth; its for the OP. And you should give her something that's not as exaggerated as "storms in October and May" which is a half truth. I mean, not that you can really talk much about weather, considering you do live in America's oven I don't see how a few random out of season snowfalls is worse than months on end of 100+ degree weather with very little rain, but different strokes.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:30 AM

17,761 posts, read 4,123,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
More like 2-4", but with as warm as it's been the amount that sticks on the ground will be less than half that. Should mention it snowed in Salt Lake City today (so it's not just Denver that gets late-season snow).

Count me in the group that thinks enduring 100 degree temps for weeks on end is ridiculous. Stifling heat sucks. That's a big reason why I left the sweaty taint of North Texas. Lousy summers.
Fort Worth does not get triple digits every day for weeks.Average high in the summer is about 95.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:43 AM

6,579 posts, read 10,312,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Fort Worth does not get triple digits every day for weeks.Average high in the summer is about 95.
I know it doesnt, but Phoenix (where FirebirdCamaro is) does, and DFW does get sweltering heat for weeks on end in the summer even if it's not above 100. DFW is a sauna from about the middle of June until well into September. It sucks - unless you like taint and back sweat.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:11 AM

1,987 posts, read 1,246,517 times
Quote:
I know it doesnt, but Phoenix (where FirebirdCamaro is) does, and DFW does get sweltering heat for weeks on end in the summer even if it's not above 100. DFW is a sauna from about the middle of June until well into September. It sucks - unless you like taint and back sweat.
That's quite the image lol.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:19 AM

6,579 posts, read 10,312,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTXman34 View Post
That's quite the image lol.
Summer in DFW is the perfect time for Schweddy Balls.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:30 AM

17,761 posts, read 4,123,119 times
Quote:
Ya DFW has a harsh summer and Phoenix summers are just on a whole other level compared to even Texas.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:25 AM

4,892 posts, read 3,015,436 times
Quote:
Again I've seen 97 as the heat index at 11 pm in Dallas. Unacceptable.

Old 05-18-2017, 05:13 PM

352 posts, read 293,086 times
I'm not crazy about Colorado, and I'm looking forward to leaving, but in all fairness we have a long winter but not a particularly rough one. We get 50 inches of snow in an average year, but it's spread out over 7 months. We get some Spring snow, but so what? It happens. It'll be gone on Saturday. We've had quite a few 80 degree days this Spring, and many more 60-70 degree days. It also cools down a lot at night here. If it hits 80 in the Spring, the night time temp is probably 40, as opposed to the 67 degree lows in a lot of places.

Last edited by unbeliever; 05-18-2017 at 05:23 PM..

Old 05-19-2017, 08:48 AM

1,019 posts, read 1,119,022 times
OP DFW is very sweaty with a few months of hot and sweaty followed by hot and sweaty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or