U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 10:25 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,696,278 times

Advertisements

I also think Hawaii has more Pacific Islanders than California, but with their low population CA might edge them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 04:57 PM

6,053 posts, read 3,377,056 times
Most friendly- Texas
Most good cooks- Louisiana
Most good looking people- Minnesota
Most posh- Connecticut
Most trashy- New Jersey
Most religious people- Alabama
Most healthy people- California
Most obese- Mississippi
Most preppy- Massachusetts
Most drunk- Ohio
Most laid back- Hawaii
Most charming- South Carolina
Most pushy- New York

Old 05-27-2017, 06:57 PM

5,532 posts, read 3,679,293 times
Why the OP hate on Washington State? The state, the 2nd largest population in the west, is much more than grunge and meth. But perhaps you were trying to make an absurd point as to perceptions. If so, OK, but that perception is completely off-base.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 05-27-2017 at 07:41 PM..

Old 05-27-2017, 07:08 PM

53 posts, read 45,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye614 View Post
Classiest (in terms of education and wealth): Connecticut. Maryland, New Jersey
Classiest (in terms of doing the right thing and politeness: Ohio, Wisconsin, the midwest in general

Friendly: Ohio, Wisconsin

Least Friendly/High Strung: New Jersey

Least classy: (In terms of lack of education and poverty) Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, New Mexico
Classy is an attitude. Being rich and "educated" doesn't make one classy and being poor and dumb doesn't make one not classy.

Old 05-28-2017, 05:10 PM

124 posts, read 131,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexxxcblac View Post
Friendly: A
Classy: R
Laid back: I
Sexy: Z
Smart: O
Resilient: N
Humble: A
Well somebody loves Arizona, clearly

Old 05-29-2017, 02:45 PM

56,003 posts, read 54,508,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a person View Post
I think there is a stereotype about New York as a state that needs to be addressed and eliminated.

When people say New York is high strung, 99.9 times out of 100 they're referring to NYC and its boroughs. Upstate NY is a completely different world. At the least, it should be a different state.

I'm married to an upstater. She and her family are the antithesis of high strung. Not to mention I've met a lot of folks in Tampa from around the upstate (Albany, Rochester, Syracuse...). Aloof, reserved, sometimes sullen, yes. Not high strung. That's the alphas in downstate.

I would agree 100% that Connecticut is the least friendly. New Jersey a close second.

Don't sleep on Florida in regard to the laid back attitudes. Every crazy story (that isn't made up) you hear about in the news involves someone who transplanted here from somewhere else. Most of the natives I've met here are chill as hell.
WTF do you mean we aren't friendly in NJ???

And yes, upstate NY is a whole different planet from the city and metro area.

Old 05-29-2017, 02:53 PM

56,003 posts, read 54,508,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Why the OP hate on Washington State? The state, the 2nd largest population in the west, is much more than grunge and meth. But perhaps you were trying to make an absurd point as to perceptions. If so, OK, but that perception is completely off-base.
I always thought of Washington as having endless forest, as well as producing serial killers.

But then, my cousin moved to eastern WA about ten years ago, and I was surprised when I saw the pics of where she lives. It looks desert-ish, with big rock formations.

I don't think she's encountered any serial killers, either.

Old 05-29-2017, 03:57 PM
Status: "Be yourself. What's the alternative?" (set 15 days ago)

8,675 posts, read 10,831,402 times
Most High Strung--yes, NY. I think Upstaters aren't as high strung as the Boroughs or Downstate, but they're still some of it in their DNA for sure. Someone said Upstaters are "reserved." I think so. Who'd think of a NY'er as reserved? We're busting stereotypes here on CD forum. Hehe. NY'ers are the funniest people you'll ever meet anywhere. NJ--as I remember it, as a kid, fast paced and they drive crazy. I guess they've got to because everyone else does.

Laid Back--Arizona and NM, yes. "Whatever" is their motto and it'll be yours if you move there. Not that "friendly" per say in Arizona, but laid back and don't fret type of vibe. Southern Calif., too. San Diego felt a lot like parts of AA to me. I think all of the West as rather laid back compared to the East, NE or SE. Exception are larger metros in California prob not that laid back.

Friendliest--heard Tennessee is very friendly, but can't say personally, Carolinas are polite and friendly, small talk is important. The Texans I've known are very friendly, but I've only met relocated ones. I've known some Louisianians and they are friendly, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or