U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 10:40 PM

1,054 posts, read 588,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeOrange View Post
Not even close.

Pardon me. The largest Vietnamese population on the East Coast. W. a larger population than NYC.

Yes CA. has the largest in the USA. Rightfully noted/corrected.

With that my point holds true. Philadelphia has one of the best Chinatowns in the USA

Tops def. go to both L.A and S.F. I have not been to Seattle but my guess is there's is quite renowned given their West Coast presence.

Then Chicago. NYC.

and well Philadelphia for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 11:41 AM

6,800 posts, read 11,777,391 times
Have you also considered Honolulu? Yes, it's expensive but not as extreme as SF or LA. It's also more walkable than Portland.

Old 02-28-2018, 02:40 PM

6,316 posts, read 6,975,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post
Have you been to Chinatown in Philadelphia?

It is by far one of the most vibrant and in tact chinatowns in the nation. SOOO many amazing food options and such an amazing Chinese culture, as well as some Japanese influences. It is FAR better than D.C chinatown and I will rate it #2 on the East Coast after NYC.
I have been and I do like it. As an authentic neighborhood it is obviously much better than DC but DC is a unique case. DC Chinatown is a cool neighborhood, for what it is. I believe there's only one business left that existed back when it was an actual Chinese neighborhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
Have you also considered Honolulu? Yes, it's expensive but not as extreme as SF or LA. It's also more walkable than Portland.
Yes!! I don't know HNL at all (besides very vague memories from a short visit as a very young kid) but I have assumed it will be a quality option once I eventually get around to spending some time there. I'm in no hurry so I figure when the rail system is operating in a decade it'll be ready for me and my family lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or