U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 01:28 PM

1,586 posts, read 1,539,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
Everyone has African blood in their bloodline. That's a scientifically proven fact.
Not me, at least not in the last couple of thousand years. Just got my Ancestry.com genetic-study thing back recently and more than 99 percent of my ancestry is from Europe. There's less than 1 percent that may be from India, but Ancestry is careful to point out that that could just be noise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 04:50 PM

56,538 posts, read 80,847,919 times
Unless you are a Lumbee, Seminole, Ramapo, Pequot, Melungeon, etc. or another Native nation that may have had connect with people of Black African descent over a period of time, I don't believe that is the general case.

Old 06-08-2017, 04:54 PM

9,013 posts, read 2,728,318 times
I actually worked for an Indian tribe for several years until recently, and there was one guy I occasionally worked with who was a tribal member who, at first, I did think was at least partly black. But to be honest I'm not sure that he wasn't, so maybe he did have some African blood in him. But even if he didn't he was clearly an exception and 99.999% of the tribal members didn't remotely look black.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:03 PM

6,060 posts, read 3,379,100 times
Quote:
Everyone has African blood in their bloodline. That's a scientifically proven fact.

Yea, but just because the human race evolved from Africa, does not mean every human being in 2017 has African DNA. DNA gets bred out over time, anyway. Non-African humans left Africa hundreds of thousands of years ago.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:05 PM

6,060 posts, read 3,379,100 times
Maybe its the cheekbones plus skin tone. Usually people of mixed white/Native American ancestry are accused of "looking Mexican" (because no duh, most Mexicans are of that mix) but I never heard of black.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:10 PM

1,798 posts, read 1,160,832 times
Everyone has African roots, not actually true, if you count Israel and the Levant as Africa then maybe. Most Jews now are white of European heritage. If you go back to the start of time and the count the Middle East as Africa then maybe.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:57 PM

981 posts, read 1,979,140 times
Default Photo would help

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyaevans View Post
Just curious as to why people see me as black. My birth mother is full blood Irish and my birth father is full blood Lakota (Sioux) American Indian. I do not have any African features and there is no African blood anywhere in my family. Despite that people automatically assume I am african american and compare me to people like mariah carry, vanessa williams and halle berry. I was born with blond hair and blue eyes from my mother and now I have brown hair and blue green eyes. Once I tell people what I am they usually see it but most of the time they say I look black.
A photo would be worth far more than words here, even if part of it is obscured for privacy. You can post to sites like this that give a choice of auto-deletion after a day, week, etc.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:58 PM

981 posts, read 1,979,140 times
Quote:
Only a trace and not enough to influence looks, you know.

Old 06-09-2017, 05:37 AM

1,661 posts, read 1,993,473 times
Quote:
Very true. We are all from Africa originally.

Old 06-09-2017, 06:05 AM

34,361 posts, read 41,446,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
I know it might be seen as a violation of your privacy, but without seeing pics of you, it's something that is going to be pretty hard to judge.

Perhaps you could go on Google images and find a pic of some one who looks like you,post it so we have an idea what you are talking about. example=https://results.searchlock.com/searc...le&chnm=js_270
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or