U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy where you live?
Very satisfied 41 31.54%
Somewhat satisfied (Not perfect, but plan on staying) 31 23.85%
Somewhat unsatisfied (staying put because of factors such as family, job, etc) 26 20.00%
Unsatisfied (can't wait to leave, and will when the time comes) 32 24.62%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 01:19 PM

22 posts, read 72,737 times

Advertisements

Great area to raise kids Newtown Square, Pa but miserable northeast winter weather tired of. Want to move to South Pasadena, Ca.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 01:22 PM

269 posts, read 722,594 times
Orange County, CA - Only thing keeping me here is family... Leaving next year.

Reasons... Congestion, traffic, superficial, expensive, crime, gangs... need I say more?

Old 04-16-2008, 01:27 PM

85 posts, read 217,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slove1106 View Post
Orange County, CA - Only thing keeping me here is family... Leaving next year.

Reasons... Congestion, traffic, superficial, expensive, crime, gangs... need I say more?
Is the crime really that bad? My family is looking at Orange County for our move next summer; it's a toss-up between Orange County and Seattle since we have lots of family in both metros.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:05 PM

2,927 posts, read 7,572,850 times
It won't let me vote, I'm very satisfied.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:16 PM

3,667 posts, read 8,769,891 times
I am absolutely content and happy with where I live--Stamford, CT. Fantastic 4 different seasons, close proximity to the city, the beaches, the mountains, culture, and very helpful and nice people all around. I love this area and couldn't live anywhere else in the US full-time right now. Plus, CT has legalized civil unions, which I obtained last September. I really do enjoy living here.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:32 PM

269 posts, read 722,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCtennis3811 View Post
Is the crime really that bad? My family is looking at Orange County for our move next summer; it's a toss-up between Orange County and Seattle since we have lots of family in both metros.
Sorry. Didn't mean to make it sound that bad. No it's not horrible. That's more in LA. I actually live in the high end of OC (South) so we barely have crime here in my actual area. But there IS alot of gangs (so-called, wannabes... but still) in places like Santa Ana, Anaheim, HB... Then there's the drug areas, Anaheim, Garden Grove...

If you want to move to OC, I suggest South OC. More expensive but less of the bad stuff.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:58 PM

845 posts, read 2,480,573 times
I am in the process of saving up to move out of this city.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:01 PM

15,460 posts, read 25,405,649 times
I'm very satisfied where I live but I just want to move somewhere else and experience a completely different climate and lifestyle. Been in CA my whole life; grew up in the Bay Area and currently live in San Diego and I just want to experience life outside of this state. Curious to see if it's as overrated as I think it is, a crappy as others claim, or as great as others claim b/c I have nothing to compare too as I've never lived anywhere else. But it's kind of hard to get the motivation to move when you live in a place you love.

Last edited by sav858; 04-16-2008 at 04:21 PM..

Old 04-17-2008, 08:40 AM

131 posts, read 438,576 times
Unsatisfied. It isn't that Atlanta is THAT bad. Rather it is more of an issue that I know how good other places (Denver) are for me.

I think I have finally figured out my aching desire to be back in my city. I have heard people describing how living in NYC is exciting even if you personally are not doing anything particularly exciting because of the environment you are in. I think it is similiar in Denver for me. Even if you are not in the mountains or it is not snowing that day it is still exciting to be in that overall environment. That is why it can be hard to explain my desire to back because it is the whole picture of the lifestyle and the daily experiences and this can be hard to compar to easily calcuble things like cost of living, availability of jobs etc. The city is literly a reflection of who I am (even though I only lived there for 10 years during and after college). Atlanta is only a representation of where I sleep at night, commute to work and, well, work. When I traveled for business, I was always proud to say I was from Denver.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:58 AM

5,721 posts, read 9,086,134 times
Unsatisfied. Pure and simple. But staying put because of job but only until the right time comes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or