U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 11:01 PM

6,043 posts, read 6,450,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
I made the assumption that the term "humidity" was used as negative term, as in hot, muggy summers. Yes, some can't handle cool humidity, but most are not uncomfortable with that. However, your answer "Denver", is a another good location for the OP's query.

I agree San Diego does not have four seasons. It has two. Warm and nice, and somewhat warmer and nice.
Still as you know the weather in the PNW (at least west of the Cascades) doesn't normally get cold enough for the humidity to be bone chilling and it is dry to the east so imo it's a moot point for that region.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 11:46 PM

5,795 posts, read 3,858,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Still as you know the weather in the PNW (at least west of the Cascades) doesn't normally get cold enough for the humidity to be bone chilling and it is dry to the east so imo it's a moot point for that region.
Yeah, that was my point. Mild winter temps with high humdity don't bother me, but I guess some could be bothered by that. As I grew up and spent my first 30 years in Seattle, it was normal for me, and I never considered the wet winters to be anything but what was expected. Drizzle, slugs, no umbrella was the culture, and perhaps still is!

Old 06-09-2017, 03:30 AM

343 posts, read 408,257 times
I should have said VERY LITTLE SNOW if any. :-)

Old 06-09-2017, 01:35 PM

17,887 posts, read 4,235,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
There might be mosquitoes around the neighborhoods close to the Rio Grande. I live more in the desert and haven't seen one in recent months...maybe a couple years. We get a few no-see-ems and occasional fly after the rain. It's just about a perfect four season climate. Humidity is often single digits - was 22 yesterday. June is our hottest month, usually. I have a swamp cooler and don't need AC but some people prefer AC for the few humid days during our rainy season or for pollen.
Okay I see.

Old 06-09-2017, 01:57 PM

4,064 posts, read 2,300,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markeg View Post
I should have said VERY LITTLE SNOW if any. :-)
Yeah you're pretty much limited to the PNW/Northern CA, what kind of temperature ranges are you looking at, what do you consider 4 seasons?

Old 06-09-2017, 03:00 PM

21,349 posts, read 30,731,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Yeah you're pretty much limited to the PNW/Northern CA, what kind of temperature ranges are you looking at, what do you consider 4 seasons?
Yeah, definitely the Seattle-Portland bubble..

Old 06-09-2017, 03:14 PM

5,182 posts, read 2,221,391 times
Quote:
Which cities in the US have 4 seasons with relatively low humidity an no bugs like mosquitos?
I'd almost say cities in CO, except that there are occasionally mosquitoes (despite the severe dryness).

As far as 4 seasons go, are you okay with places that have all 4 seasons, but are they very lopsided? Again, CO has four seasons, but is weighted like: 6 months winter, 2 month springs, 4 summer, and 2 months fall. Winter goes on way too long in my opinion, and summers are very hot and dry.

It seems like the more you have all seasons, the more you have to be tolerant of extremes.

Update: I just saw the "very little snow" or none note. Definitely rules out CO!

Old 06-09-2017, 03:21 PM

3,140 posts, read 2,195,058 times
California has programs for mosquito eradication that cover 80-90% of the population within the state. No where else I can think of provides as much coverage as that.

What exactly are four season without snow? That's three seasons with a cool funk in the middle.

Old 06-09-2017, 04:09 PM

343 posts, read 408,257 times
Short winter is fine, longer summer is great.
I'm in Florida and "winter" is anything below 60.
I'm ok with some cold days but I'm tired of snow that I used to have in NY.

Old 06-09-2017, 04:19 PM

4,064 posts, read 2,300,037 times
Quote:
Short winter is fine, longer summer is great.
I'm in Florida and "winter" is anything below 60.
I'm ok with some cold days but I'm tired of snow that I used to have in NY.
Maybe Sacramento?

In case you are unaware of the PNW climates here are some of the major cities.
Seattle, WA
Tacoma, WA
Portland, OR
Salem, OR
Eugene, OR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or