U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 06:59 PM

25 posts, read 28,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandron View Post
I have met enough Asian and Indian men in big cities who wanted to date white women, tried, but failed hard because the women themselves said they are not "their type". Believe me, men of all races are into white women, whether it is long term or short term.

The problem is that social norms don't allow that sort of thing to happen in California or the northeast, too much of a stigma attached to a young attractive white woman dating an Asian or non-black minority in those areas.

While part of it has to do with white men in those areas (especially the younger competitive ones) shaming and highly discouraging white women from going for those "small dicked Asians", a lot of it also has to do with hypocritical Asian women that will date white guys but try at every turn to stop white women from dating Asian men.

You don't have that sort of hostility in very white areas and southern states, guess ethnic people (especially ethnic women) also play a big role in stopping men from their background from dating white women.
Actually I wonder when white men say Asian has small dicks, why don't they say black's average IQ is lower than other races.
Personally I am curious why the average size of Asian penis is smaller than white
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2017, 07:31 PM

12,414 posts, read 11,913,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
A lot of it is taste, as well. I know a lot of people who just aren't attracted to Asian males. Not saying that's fair. Whereas I don't know too many guys that don't love the look of Asian women. This is all anecdotal, and there are exceptions of course. But it's what I observed.
Personally, as a white guy, I never got it. Not that there aren't fine Asian women, but as with any other ethnic group, the average is...well...average looking. Add to that the prevalence of pancake butt and...no thank you, not for me.

Quote:
It might be a controversial opinion but the Anglosphere in general whether it is Anglo Canada, Australia, or the US has major hang ups about Asian men and any men that look ethnically "foreign" (Hispanic, Indian, Arab) dating and hooking up with white women. The assault on the image of Asian men has been done by racist Hollywood which these days only shows blue eyed blonde haired white men as ideal.

American culture and Anglo culture as a whole is built up to stop white women from dating Asian and ethnic men in general by making the whole thing socially inappropriate and highly frowned upon.
I think this is wrong. Within the U.S. context white women don't have much issue dating black men or Hispanic men.

I honestly think there are slightly different issues regarding South Asians and Middle Easterners than East Asians. With East Asians, I think it's the "wuss" factor sadly. With South Asians and especially Middle Easterners, it's that they have a reputation as being possessive and controlling toward women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
You can't completely blame the women.. the guys are at fault too. Asian guys have their preferences, just like men of all races and most probably prefer their own kind to those of other races. When they're surrounded by attractive Asian women everywhere like in California or the East Coast, they'll usually go for their own kind. But if their options are limited like in a rural area or in the Midwest or South, they'll go for whom they can get. Simple as that.
If 54% of Asian-American women outmarry, but only 38% of Asian men do, that means there's a lot of Asian guys who aren't getting married to anyone at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaelNadal View Post
Personally I am curious why the average size of Asian penis is smaller than white
I don't think anyone has studied the genetics of penis size. It is known, however, that a single gene common in East Asians (called EDAR) is responsible for a lot of the traits associated with East Asians, including straight coarse hair, tooth shape, less body/facial hair, and smaller breasts in women.

Old 06-16-2017, 07:47 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,152,865 times
Asian women hate themselves and white men are repulsive to white/black/latina women so their only choice is an asian woman

Old 06-16-2017, 08:22 PM

18,919 posts, read 6,850,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
Asian women hate themselves and white men are repulsive to white/black/latina women so their only choice is an asian woman
Don't know what your basing that on. I am white, and my fiance is Latina, as well as a long time ex girlfriend of mine

Old 06-16-2017, 11:07 PM

11,456 posts, read 6,571,690 times
Quote:
It has nothing to do with novelty, France has a ton of Vietnamese people in it not to mention an uptick of Chinese immigrants in recent years. Montreal had a lot of Asians and Indians in it as well. Holland has a lot of Indonesians in it as well.

Not a novelty thing, it is a cultural thing, Anglo culture as a whole does not want Asian women touching white women so it creates social stigmas through media and even through society to make sure it doesn't matter.

What's strange is I have noticed Asian and Indian guys dating white women to be very taboo and frowned upon in "liberal" cities such as Los Angeles, Toronto, and Vancouver while in places like Texas, Florida, and the super white midwest it hardly matters.
That's total BS, stop making fake accounts just to post this

Old 06-16-2017, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Don't know what your basing that on. I am white, and my fiance is Latina, as well as a long time ex girlfriend of mine
Yeah I'm white and I've been with Latinas too

Old 06-17-2017, 10:51 AM

12,414 posts, read 11,913,851 times
There has basically never been a stigma regarding Hispanics/Latinos marrying white Anglos. Keep in mind that classifying Latinos as a different "race" only happened within the last 50 years - before that they were virtually all classified as white on the census, even if they were actually mixed. The first hit TV show in the country (I Love Lucy) had a white woman with a Cuban man. West Side Story involved a white/Puerto Rican romance. Of course the racial tension between the street gangs played a role in the story, but no one gave a crap about a blockbuster movie with an "interracial" relationship in 1961. My grandfather's younger brother (who was much more conservative than my grandfather) married a woman of Cuban and Mexican (technically Californio) descent at around the same period.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:02 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,325,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
There has basically never been a stigma regarding Hispanics/Latinos marrying white Anglos. Keep in mind that classifying Latinos as a different "race" only happened within the last 50 years - before that they were virtually all classified as white on the census, even if they were actually mixed. The first hit TV show in the country (I Love Lucy) had a white woman with a Cuban man. West Side Story involved a white/Puerto Rican romance. Of course the racial tension between the street gangs played a role in the story, but no one gave a crap about a blockbuster movie with an "interracial" relationship in 1961. My grandfather's younger brother (who was much more conservative than my grandfather) married a woman of Cuban and Mexican (technically Californio) descent at around the same period.
They may have been considered "white" on the census but they were still a step or two down the ladder on the racial and ethnic caste system. Lucille Ball spoke of the terrible discrimination Desi Arnez faced in the entertainment industry back then. And the whole theme of the white/PR romance in West Side Story was that it was taboo, and yes people certainly did "give a crap" back then. The subject matter was controversial enough that it took 10 years for the stage production to find a production company that would finance the production, and only after the subject matter was changed from apparently an even more taboo subject: the romance between a Catholic and a Jew.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:06 AM

1,185 posts, read 874,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyandhisrails View Post
Haven't lived in So Cal since 2006, has it changed that much in a decade?

From what I remember, seeing a Hispanic, Asian, Indian, Arabian, or any sort of non-black minority group with a white female in the area was unheard of and quite rare. I know it wasn't for a lack of trying, knew quite a few Persian and Arab guys who tried to pick up blonde girls but failed miserably despite being rich.

Black guys with white girls was very common back then, So Cal blondes from what I remember only dated white guys and black guys and automatically dismissed men of all other races.
I'd say your impression is a decade out of date. The area I live in trends kinda hipster, and it's near KTown, but I see plenty of mixed Asian-white couples of both sexes. The firefighter who died from that ladder fall, whose funeral was yesterday, was an Asian guy whose widow is white. Looking at my grad school class, who had about 30 Asian guys, almost half married white or Hispanic women. But, that's because those guys are American and grew up here and are successful. A new malea immigrant from China with broken English that washes dishes in the SGV probably has about a 0% chance of being able to pick up anyone other than another immigrant in their community.

Old 06-17-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
Desi Arnaz was white and so was the actress that played the Puerto Rican woman in West Side Story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or