U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 10:13 PM

7,601 posts, read 4,036,124 times

Advertisements

How do you know what the food taste is of every conservative and every liberal? I don't see a correlation between food tastes and politics. Not everything is associated with politics. I'm a conservative and I don't like pork rinds or rare steak.

I don't see anything 'extremist' about conservatism.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:17 PM

5,091 posts, read 2,161,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
I don't see anything 'extremist' about conservatism.
Anything away from the balance of the middle is extremism. Too top heavy on the end to be stable. Just look at your buddies and their ways, if you can. Might be too difficult though. All that black and white makes it hard to see the vast preponderance of greys. The strong traditional America we once knew thrived on moderate thinking. People looked at extremists on both ends with suspicion and horror. All that changed in the past few decades, as we headed down the toilet. Pat yourself on the back though it you're proud of it.

Last edited by JMT; 06-23-2017 at 06:57 AM.. Reason: language

Old 06-22-2017, 10:18 PM

7,601 posts, read 4,036,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Anything away from the balance of the middle is extremism. Too top heavy on the end to be stable. Just look at your buddies and their ways, if you can. Might be too difficult though. All that black and white makes it hard to see any greys. Life and nature are made of greys.
You dodged my question from above. Here it is again: How do you know what the food taste is of every conservative and every liberal? I don't see a correlation between food tastes and politics. Not everything is associated with politics. I'm a conservative and I don't like pork rinds or rare steak.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 06-22-2017 at 11:00 PM..

Old 06-22-2017, 10:22 PM

6,804 posts, read 11,800,721 times
Quote:
Anything away from the balance of the middle is extremism. Too top heavy on the end to be stable. Just look at your buddies and their ways, if you can. Might be too difficult though. All that black and white makes it hard to see the vast preponderance of greys. The strong traditional America we once knew thrived on moderate thinking. People looked at extremists on both ends with suspicion and horror. All that changed in the past few decades, as we headed down the toilet. Pat yourself on the back though it you're proud of it.
I consider myself a Moderate but I do hold extreme views on both the Left and the Right which just happens to cancel out. Moderate =\= Non-Extremist.

Last edited by JMT; 06-23-2017 at 06:58 AM..

Old 06-22-2017, 10:48 PM

85 posts, read 51,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Ok. The GOP only gained control of both houses in the NC Congress in 2012, for the first time since 1896. In my view, it is trending to the right. You and others on here seem to think every transplant to the south is a liberal but I think at least 50 percent of them are people looking to get away from blue state policies.

I also think that over time, we will see more black people start to switch to GOP. Democrats at every level have been struggling to win elections the past 8 years even with 90-95 percent of the black vote in elections.

Democratic party would've been non existent had it not been for Obama. They were on the brink of collapse during the Bush years. Even though Bush was unpopular, people still would've voted for a Republican. Obama brought young people (millenials) to vote democratic.

Republicans are endangered as well cause they have divisions within the party of extreme right, moderate right and neoconservatives.

Overtime people are going to voting independent now, the libertarian party is more then likely going to be third party to break through. I think young people are going to be more liberetarian, without Obama the democrats don't have a coalition all they have is celebrities, Wall Street/Silicon Valley.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:53 PM

5,122 posts, read 3,900,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
Oklahoma City, Jacksonville, Fl, Columbia, SC, Anahemin, CA are considered conservative cities.
Columbia is the most liberal blue city in South Carolina. Its nothing like OKC, or really any of those cities.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:01 PM

85 posts, read 51,764 times
Quote:
I believe that most everyday Americans are moderate the issue is that everything is amplified with partisan media. You give political commentators a platform and they are extension of the political party on steriods. Also, America has been demoralized, the endless wars, hypercapitalism, terrorism, corporatism, and technological change has made people anxious, afraid and disenchanted.

When America thrived, it was on the backs of the middle class. People relied on each other not just government or politicians. In fact the Constitution was designed to make Americans as independent, free from government and not trust any politician. Now politicians have slithered their way into Americans daily lives and trying to push more dependence on them and their ideologies.

Last edited by JMT; 06-23-2017 at 06:58 AM..

Old 06-23-2017, 06:29 AM

11,906 posts, read 32,970,448 times
Political discussions belong in the Politics forum. This thread is now closed.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...controversies/

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.