U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 10:14 PM

252 posts, read 393,824 times

Advertisements

Im kind of torn, I like Southern California. Its where I have lived my entire life with the exception of two years I lived in other state for college. My family resides there and I don't want to move away from my family but I want something differnet lifestyle wise i.e. being heavily taxed and being stuck in traffic for countless hours etc.

If had no responsibilities and my college was completely finished I would move near Lake Michigan to the town of either Long Beach Indiana or New Buffalo Michigan.

My other pick would be around the North Shore of Minnesota somewhere...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 10:57 PM

631 posts, read 1,970,047 times
If money were no object, San Francisco.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:59 PM

9,467 posts, read 12,298,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter21 View Post
If you could live anywhere in the United States, which region/city/rural area/location would you choose to live? It can be a city, state, region of a state, even a region of the U.S. Please specify what your reasons are (cost of living, climate, jobs, culture, geography, demographics, family, nostalgia, etc) for choosing the location. Thanks!
1. Tulsa Oklahoma Reason family
2. Long Beach/Seal Beach California
3. S.F. Bay Area Rio Vista CA
4. Malibu CA
5. Honolulu Hawaii rank lower because of isolation
6. Tucson Arizona
7. Albuquerque New Mexico
8. Redland California
9. Norman Oklahoma reason why family in OKC
10. Seattle Washington

Old 06-29-2017, 09:56 AM

32,055 posts, read 32,950,797 times
At this point in my life it would be either be Washington, D.C. or San Francisco.

Old 06-29-2017, 10:07 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,399,662 times
At this point in my life I would (and did) choose to continue living here in Columbus.

LGBT friendly, rapidly developing urban neighborhoods, large contingency of young professionals, solid economy, plenty of amenities with Midwest ease etc. Maybe my answer will change in five years bur right now this definitely feels like home.

I was also really intrigued by Seattle. Probably could never afford to live there comfortably lol but that's one city that was a great match for me.

Old 06-29-2017, 10:16 AM

13,237 posts, read 24,403,441 times
I would drift around the Pacific Time Zone and/or the Midwest.

Old 06-30-2017, 12:40 PM

4,342 posts, read 7,416,822 times
I would stay right here in Michigan. I'm not a native, but I'm sold on the natural beauty, the low COL compared to the relatively high wages, friendly people, four seasons, quaint small towns, miles and miles of lakeshore and beaches, and so much to do any time of the year. I also find it very appealing that a vast portion of the state is barely touched by human development and therefore mostly unspoiled. It's a wilderness lover's paradise!

When we moved here twenty years ago it almost instantly felt like this was where we were meant to be and it still does.

Old 06-30-2017, 12:52 PM

7,580 posts, read 3,992,169 times
My favorite area of the country is western SC , the Greenville CSA.

Warm weather, reasonable cost of living, reasonable traffic, tons of retail/restaurants/golf courses, proximity to lakes and Blue Ridge mountains, great fall color, and it smells good.

Downtown Greenville is my favorite downtown in the country and most aesthetically pleasing in my view with a ton of trees and a great place to hang out with a ton of sidewalk, patio seating, and 30 foot drop waterfall right off Main Street.

Nearby Clemson is my favorite college town. It is located on a lake and has its own lake beaches and has a 17,500 acre experimental forest surrounding campus with numerous hiking and biking trails, and 3 waterfalls. It has a highly ranked college golf course and SC's state botanical garden. Not to mention a great college football game atmosphere and tailgaiting experience.

Old 06-30-2017, 01:09 PM

368 posts, read 268,278 times
Welll Im definetly leaving NY after college within the next 2 years (Im in my mid 20s now), I hate living in NY lol especially commuting to Manhattan for school n work absolutely dreadful, saving up money from my current job now, my money long and the career Im going for offers lots of financial stability and I have some family connections in that field.

Im torn, Im thinking either:
The Philadelphia area (not exactly in the city, can be anywhere up to 2 hours away like Harrisburg, Dover, or Vineland)

Or Somewhere in Virginia (preferably Richmond/Tri Cities or Hampton Roads)

I love Philadelphia's culture and proximity to most of my family n friends in NY, but also Central Virginia's location and spaciousness among other things. Only drawback to VA, is there isnt much of a Puerto Rican community (atleast compared to Pa & NY) and most Va Hispanics are immigrants especially from Mexico compared to more americanized Caribbean hispanics up north, so down there Im seen as "yellowbone" or mixed black n white, which isnt bad just different not being around my ppl. Only drawback in Philly, is the narrow a55 streets/sidewalks on some blocks, and sometimes it can remind me of the outer boroughs of NYC, just a more relaxed, genuine, favorable (in my opinion the citys vibe n culture is better), and less crowded version.

Last edited by Spreadofknowledge; 06-30-2017 at 01:38 PM..

Old 06-30-2017, 11:44 PM

48 posts, read 38,757 times
Laguna Beach/Newport Beach hands down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or