U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-19-2018, 07:38 PM
 
1,269 posts, read 1,032,744 times
Reputation: 751

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
Baltimore have organized drug crews and Pirus ( largest so far), Crips, Bloods, Gds,VLs, and of course a variety of Syndicates. How do ATL fuel Boston's black gangs? If anything Boston is near bottom on the list in the Northeast section of the countrt.
In Baltimore drug organizations (which aren't exactly the same thing as gangs) operate citywide and move resources around much more effectively than the police can even hope to keep up with. They seem to see the police as a bad joke: understaffed, incompetent, and corrupt. Sure, it is possible you might end up in jail, but the real danger is being gunned down by a rival. That is no joke and happens just about every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-20-2018, 08:24 PM
 
Location: Tupelo, Ms
1,034 posts, read 629,073 times
Reputation: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwduvall View Post
In Baltimore drug organizations (which aren't exactly the same thing as gangs) operate citywide and move resources around much more effectively than the police can even hope to keep up with. They seem to see the police as a bad joke: understaffed, incompetent, and corrupt. Sure, it is possible you might end up in jail, but the real danger is being gunned down by a rival. That is no joke and happens just about every day.
Well aware of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2018, 01:06 PM
 
905 posts, read 912,483 times
Reputation: 809
Chicago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2018, 07:47 PM
 
Location: The Heart of Dixie
7,820 posts, read 12,324,125 times
Reputation: 4768
The Black Guerilla Family is big in Baltimore

Detroit obviously too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2018, 08:08 AM
 
9,948 posts, read 6,884,339 times
Reputation: 4221
As a former Detroiter I never thought of Detroit in terms of organized crime and gangs. Chicago, yeah, but not Detroit. Detroit was always a place were a bunch of neighborhood guys would clique up to do crime, whether it be drug dealing, robberies, doing hits, etc. I think Detroit stood out from Chicago in that in Detroit it was all about the money and hustling....and not gang banging. Gang banging was bad for the hustling business. It got in the way of making money. People who got taken out got taken out because of "business" and eliminating the competition or settling debts. I think Detroit specializes in Drug dealing and you will find Detroit drug dealers setting up in cities all through the Midwest...except Chicago, Appalachia, Western PA and the south. People might think that is organized crime but its just neighborhood guys with connects road running trying turn 30 into 100. I think BMF got started that way essentially. A couple of brothers from SW who fanned out of Detroit to Atlanta and it just blew up from their because Atlanta was a growth market. BMF never really ran anything in Detroit, they was just from Detroit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2018, 09:21 AM
 
Location: Tupelo, Ms
1,034 posts, read 629,073 times
Reputation: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
As a former Detroiter I never thought of Detroit in terms of organized crime and gangs. Chicago, yeah, but not Detroit. Detroit was always a place were a bunch of neighborhood guys would clique up to do crime, whether it be drug dealing, robberies, doing hits, etc. I think Detroit stood out from Chicago in that in Detroit it was all about the money and hustling....and not gang banging. Gang banging was bad for the hustling business. It got in the way of making money. People who got taken out got taken out because of "business" and eliminating the competition or settling debts. I think Detroit specializes in Drug dealing and you will find Detroit drug dealers setting up in cities all through the Midwest...except Chicago, Appalachia, Western PA and the south. People might think that is organized crime but its just neighborhood guys with connects road running trying turn 30 into 100. I think BMF got started that way essentially. A couple of brothers from SW who fanned out of Detroit to Atlanta and it just blew up from their because Atlanta was a growth market. BMF never really ran anything in Detroit, they was just from Detroit.
That would classify the collective as a criminal group or dto ( drug trafficking org) which can still fall into Organized Crime. Detroit's Black underworld ( like all the Midwest large cities) goes back to Policy/Numbers racket then come up to present day with the drug trade. Detroit is 1 of the few metros whose primary wholesale distributors are Black racketeers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2018, 10:08 AM
 
9,948 posts, read 6,884,339 times
Reputation: 4221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
That would classify the collective as a criminal group or dto ( drug trafficking org) which can still fall into Organized Crime. Detroit's Black underworld ( like all the Midwest large cities) goes back to Policy/Numbers racket then come up to present day with the drug trade. Detroit is 1 of the few metros whose primary wholesale distributors are Black racketeers.

The FEDS have used RICO laws to take down a dozen or so neighborhood groups in Detroit in recent years. Those laws were originally crafted for east coast mafia families. I think they just expanded the definition of organized crime to get the FED involved to do what local police could not do (some of whom were paid off by dealers).



Really, if you plan something with one or more people, and its a crime, and you do it more than a few times, the FEDS can and will label you a criminal enterprise if you make enough noise and get their attention. I still don't see Detroit like I see Chicago and their organized gang culture. However, from what I have been told Chicago gangs don't follow a leadership like they used to and its becoming more neighborhood gangs. I could be wrong cause I have not been on the ground in Chicago, even though I have relatives there.



Detroit is kind of at the center of a very heavily populated area, in that you have Chicago 4 hours to the west, Toronto, Buffalo (up state NY), Cleveland, Pittsburgh, to the East, Toledo, Columbus OH, Indianapolis to the south. All within or about 4 hours or so. So Detroit is a major distribution center in the drug trade. Detroit is just like any other big city though, but there is just a lot of hustling people because the economy has been bad for so long people hustle to survive. Its a good city though. If not for the economy I think I would still be living there. A lot of people think Detroit is still down and out, but its bouncing back up like a rubber ball. It's got a long ways to go and you always have to be on your toes.....but I love Detroit. If I had to move back to Michigan, Detroit would be my first choice.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 10-23-2018 at 10:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2018, 08:07 AM
 
Location: Tupelo, Ms
1,034 posts, read 629,073 times
Reputation: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
The FEDS have used RICO laws to take down a dozen or so neighborhood groups in Detroit in recent years. Those laws were originally crafted for east coast mafia families. I think they just expanded the definition of organized crime to get the FED involved to do what local police could not do (some of whom were paid off by dealers).



Really, if you plan something with one or more people, and its a crime, and you do it more than a few times, the FEDS can and will label you a criminal enterprise if you make enough noise and get their attention. I still don't see Detroit like I see Chicago and their organized gang culture. However, from what I have been told Chicago gangs don't follow a leadership like they used to and its becoming more neighborhood gangs. I could be wrong cause I have not been on the ground in Chicago, even though I have relatives there.



Detroit is kind of at the center of a very heavily populated area, in that you have Chicago 4 hours to the west, Toronto, Buffalo (up state NY), Cleveland, Pittsburgh, to the East, Toledo, Columbus OH, Indianapolis to the south. All within or about 4 hours or so. So Detroit is a major distribution center in the drug trade. Detroit is just like any other big city though, but there is just a lot of hustling people because the economy has been bad for so long people hustle to survive. Its a good city though. If not for the economy I think I would still be living there. A lot of people think Detroit is still down and out, but its bouncing back up like a rubber ball. It's got a long ways to go and you always have to be on your toes.....but I love Detroit. If I had to move back to Michigan, Detroit would be my first choice.
There's no universally set definition for organized crime. Detroit do have local branches/franchises of Chicago mobs & L.A gangs. You will have to go to chicagoganghistory.com to go a scope on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2018, 11:39 AM
 
9,948 posts, read 6,884,339 times
Reputation: 4221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
There's no universally set definition for organized crime. Detroit do have local branches/franchises of Chicago mobs & L.A gangs. You will have to go to chicagoganghistory.com to go a scope on them.

One thing I can tell you is no out of town boys are running anything in Detroit. That might be true for the Latino gangs....like the Latin Kings. However, you can't come from out of town and set up in Detroit. You will be expired with the quickness. Now....if you some country hick nobody going to pay attention to you. That is how the Chamber Brothers rose to fame in Detroit. They were from Arkansas and they would trick kids from Arkansas to come to Detroit, promising them they would make money. When they got to the D they got locked into dope houses and forced to sell drugs. However, if you coming from La or Chicago and come to the D looking to run things....its not going to go well for you. You can come from out of town and join up with some locals, but you can't come from out of town running *****. That is why many rap artist from out of town was not allowed to do shows in Detroit without checking in without getting approval from people like "trick trick". Out of town folks, black folks, are not allowed to come into the city and make money without some sort of kick back, and that might just be giving opportunity to Detroit folks. No "Boss" city is going to let out of town folks come and eat their food....especially if your city hungry. Detroit folks don't go to Chi trying to run things and Chi folks don't come to Detroit trying to run things. Mutual assured annihilation. That is just how it is. I know there are people calling themselves "bloods", GD's, Vice Lords and all that. But trust me....no out of time gang or group is eating good in Detroit. They might be getting some crumbs...but if they start trying to eat a meal its not going to go down well.








https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meL2cZaebkA

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 10-24-2018 at 11:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2018, 01:58 PM
 
Location: Tupelo, Ms
1,034 posts, read 629,073 times
Reputation: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
One thing I can tell you is no out of town boys are running anything in Detroit. That might be true for the Latino gangs....like the Latin Kings. However, you can't come from out of town and set up in Detroit. You will be expired with the quickness. Now....if you some country hick nobody going to pay attention to you. That is how the Chamber Brothers rose to fame in Detroit. They were from Arkansas and they would trick kids from Arkansas to come to Detroit, promising them they would make money. When they got to the D they got locked into dope houses and forced to sell drugs. However, if you coming from La or Chicago and come to the D looking to run things....its not going to go well for you. You can come from out of town and join up with some locals, but you can't come from out of town running *****. That is why many rap artist from out of town was not allowed to do shows in Detroit without checking in without getting approval from people like "trick trick". Out of town folks, black folks, are not allowed to come into the city and make money without some sort of kick back, and that might just be giving opportunity to Detroit folks. No "Boss" city is going to let out of town folks come and eat their food....especially if your city hungry. Detroit folks don't go to Chi trying to run things and Chi folks don't come to Detroit trying to run things. Mutual assured annihilation. That is just how it is. I know there are people calling themselves "bloods", GD's, Vice Lords and all that. But trust me....no out of time gang or group is eating good in Detroit. They might be getting some crumbs...but if they start trying to eat a meal its not going to go down well.








https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meL2cZaebkA
I already know about the Chambers Brothers, Pony Down, YBI, etc. Yes I understand certain rules of setting up shop and I'm not saying these out of town are running the whole city. Yet they been set up and have their slice of pie per say. Chi mobs been in the D since the late 80s and a little later L.A gangs period. You got a bunch of Latino mobs ( not just LK) in the D.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top